XM in Golf Cart?

Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2019, 05:16 PM
Default XM App

Get a Bluetooth speaker (home goods $20) and connect your cell phone to it. Use the xm app. Have not had any problems in 8 months of using it.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:32 PM

Hello.We have SiriusXM in our cars. Because we are subscribers, we were able to download the app on our phones.
Now, I just bluetooth SiriusXM through the radio, on my cart. It works great.
Also, we use Pandora and bluetooth that, through the radio.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:26 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Waterproof bluetooth speaker from Amazon for $30. App on the iphone from SiriusXM for free as I have a subscription for the car, charger for iphone already in cart and I just velcro the speaker to the top front so I can remove it to charge the speaker battery once in a while and it works great. $30 solution. Battery in speaker lasts 24 hours of use and speaker is only 5 inches long but the sound is excellent.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Waterproof bluetooth speaker from Amazon for $30. App on the iphone from SiriusXM for free as I have a subscription for the car, charger for iphone already in cart and I just velcro the speaker to the top front so I can remove it to charge the speaker battery once in a while and it works great. $30 solution. Battery in speaker lasts 24 hours of use and speaker is only 5 inches long but the sound is excellent.
Does playing the radio kill the smart phone battery that much quicker? Can you can still make and receive calls while playing music? I don't have a smart phone, so I don't know anything about them.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Does playing the radio kill the smart phone battery that much quicker? Can you can still make and receive calls while playing music? I don't have a smart phone, so I don't know anything about them.
Playing Sirius, Pandora or any other app that plays music has no noticeable extra usage on the Smart Phone Battery.

I do like the clean looking installation of the radio rapped in carpeting but think I'll stick with One of the Bose Speakers we have. Makes your Cart possibly less of a target not having a stereo exposed. Haven't really heard of a rash of stereo thefts but just thinking ahead.

The biggest thing is there is almost no interruption of the signal when you are streaming and you can't beat the sound.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, options, purchase, ready, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.