Yamaha Carb vs. EFI vs. EFI QT

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2018, 05:59 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabanana73 View Post
If I ever get a new cart from Carts and Clubs, I will get their enclosure that has accordion style doors, with magnets to attach. SO much easier to handle, IMO. I curse my roll up enclosures every time I need to "roll them up"!!
I’m pretty sure they discontinued selling that type of enclosure.
I was told the reason was they had a lot of complaints that if only one side was closed,
it would blow open from the wind coming through from the opposite side.
Apparently the magnetic closure wasn’t strong enough to hold.
I was told that months ago, but I haven’t checked lately to find out if they ever solved the issue.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:43 PM

While I was in TV 2 weeks ago, I took a 2018 Yamaha for a ride, and it had a Sleekline enclosure(vs Curtis Cab with a hydraulic hinge). I was quite impressed with that feature, vs having to roll and zipper?
Old 03-31-2018, 08:03 PM

Curtis cab has a new enclosure. It slides like the sleekline. Curtis cab is superior to sleekline.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGC View Post
Ill jump in here from a golf cart mechanics view.
Don't have to worry about rebuilding carburetors as there is no such thing and it is very rare a carburetor ever needs to be replaced. They get replaced because many don't know how to fix them.
EFI carts we are starting to see issues, they will be expensive to repair, so be prepared.
QT carts will be even harder to work on, even services take longer.

Come 2020, when the 2017 QT cars start coming off lease, plan on prices of 2016's and below to fall.
So what kind of issues are you seeing on EFI carts
Old 04-01-2018, 06:36 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviesGP View Post
While I was in TV 2 weeks ago, I took a 2018 Yamaha for a ride, and it had a Sleekline enclosure(vs Curtis Cab with a hydraulic hinge). I was quite impressed with that feature, vs having to roll and zipper?
Here is my issue with all hard enclosures. You need those sliding and folding doors about 1 month and another half dozen times for rain. But you need the wide open air that a Sunbrella enclosure provides the other 11 months. I will roll my sides up and down a dozen times a year to get the open air breeze for the 11 months I need it vs having not enough air flow from a hard enclosure for the 9 or 10 months when it's hot.

I play golf year round in a large group. The few that have the different hard enclosure don't want to use them in the summer because it is just to hot inside them. And that lasts for 3 or 4 months. Where the roll up is required down only about 1 month.

I will agree that a hard enclosure is nice when it starts raining and you can secure it in a few seconds where it takes me a few minutes, but having the fully open sides for a much longer time for me is worth those extra few minutes.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Here is my issue with all hard enclosures. You need those sliding and folding doors about 1 month and another half dozen times for rain. But you need the wide open air that a Sunbrella enclosure provides the other 11 months. I will roll my sides up and down a dozen times a year to get the open air breeze for the 11 months I need it vs having not enough air flow from a hard enclosure for the 9 or 10 months when it's hot.

I play golf year round in a large group. The few that have the different hard enclosure don't want to use them in the summer because it is just to hot inside them. And that lasts for 3 or 4 months. Where the roll up is required down only about 1 month.

I will agree that a hard enclosure is nice when it starts raining and you can secure it in a few seconds where it takes me a few minutes, but having the fully open sides for a much longer time for me is worth those extra few minutes
Actually, having owned both now I can say that there is almost negligible difference in air flow compared to sunbrellas... when the hard cab doors are open.

While I was reluctant at first to get a Curtis Cab because I had heard the same thing...my wife insisted we get one with doors.

I have never regretted it...and will never own another one without a hard door.

Being able to quickly close the doors when caught in a rainstorm, or cold weather, and not hassle with rolling/snapping the plastic ones constantly...is a huge convenience.

In addition, you don't have to listen to the plastic whipping and snapping...while driving when cold or in a storm.

I tend to smile every time I pass someone who chose not to bother to lower their sumbrella for that quick shower...and they look like a drowned rat as they pass by.

My next cart will have the sliding type though, as they offer a lot more flexibility in being able to close just part of a door when so desired.

Different strokes though.
Closed Thread

Tags
efi, quieter, carb, yamaha, run

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.