Yamaha front tire wear

Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2020, 10:20 AM
Default Yamaha fron sprockets and their mis-alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyandlon View Post
The front tires on our 2018 Yamaha have a wear problem that the dealer claims cannot be corrected. He suggests a possible fix which would cost me roughly $267.00 but could not guarantee success. I called Yamaha Corp (866 747 4027) and they agreed that there is not a camber adjustment to correct the issue. They are aware of the problem but said Yamaha Engineering has not come up with a fix. Seems this is a problem on late models. Appreciate others thoughts and maybe a fix. Thanks
I experienced the same problem with my front wheel brackets. The dealer says it is a manufacturing problem that Yamaha refuses to acknowledge. I had them replaced and had to buy two new front tires. Shame on Yamaha, but there seems to be no choice but to just swallow hard and move on.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:51 AM

Keep tire pressure wearing on the inside ( decrease pressure some ) if wearing on the outside (increase pressure some) try this

Last edited by bobcat75; 02-27-2020 at 10:54 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-27-2020, 11:09 AM
Sage

If you have 10" Loadstars, I believe 26-28 PSI is a good number. I have 20k miles on my 2014 Yamaha with 10" Loadstars and should not have any problem making it to 30k miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevieb1 View Post
So much ralk about tire pressure. What is recommended pressure for 2009 and 2015 Yamaha Carts. Even my mechanic and The Villages golf cart store disagree.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
Had this issue on our 2010 Yamaha Drive. Tried several times to get dealer to align without success. Finally called Joe's Cart Repair and he aligned the front wheels and had no problems after that. Unfortunately, I believe he retired and the business has merged with Southern Cart Works in Fruitland Park (352) 391-2047. I have used them for my cart service and repairs for the last 5-6 years and am VERY pleased with their honesty. I suggest you talk with Brian the owner and he will give you a straight answer on whether or not he thinks he can fix your problem.
I’m no expert on cart maintenance, but it’s hard to believe that if enough owners would have this same issue it would be a major recall. If Yamaha knew they could fix this issue & they knew about it this model wouldn’t of gotten to the dealership. I wouldn’t think Yamaha would want this problem to get out. I worked for Ford Mo. Co. for 38 yrs. & no matter what anybody thinks Ford, GM or Chrysler would of jerk these off the dealers lots or had them fixed. Yamaha I can’t believe they wouldn’t do something or they better trade them in & get another brand. Just my opinion!
Old 02-27-2020, 12:02 PM

tires start to wear right out of the shop.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:19 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
I’m no expert on cart maintenance, but it’s hard to believe that if enough owners would have this same issue it would be a major recall. If Yamaha knew they could fix this issue & they knew about it this model wouldn’t of gotten to the dealership. I wouldn’t think Yamaha would want this problem to get out. I worked for Ford Mo. Co. for 38 yrs. & no matter what anybody thinks Ford, GM or Chrysler would of jerk these off the dealers lots or had them fixed. Yamaha I can’t believe they wouldn’t do something or they better trade them in & get another brand. Just my opinion!

The issue is only an issue on hard-surface roads. Most carts in the USA are on grass.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:25 PM

We had the issue of severe wear on our front tires, and found out it needed an alignment. We took it to the Villages Golf Cart store in Brownwood and they fixed it. Our new tires are not wearing.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:28 AM
Default Re: Alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbiet View Post
We had the issue of severe wear on our front tires, and found out it needed an alignment. We took it to the Villages Golf Cart store in Brownwood and they fixed it. Our new tires are not wearing.
What year cart do you have?
Old 02-28-2020, 10:19 AM
Mustagotlost
Default Tire wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyandlon View Post
The front tires on our 2018 Yamaha have a wear problem that the dealer claims cannot be corrected. He suggests a possible fix which would cost me roughly $267.00 but could not guarantee success. I called Yamaha Corp (866 747 4027) and they agreed that there is not a camber adjustment to correct the issue. They are aware of the problem but said Yamaha Engineering has not come up with a fix. Seems this is a problem on late models. Appreciate others thoughts and maybe a fix. Thanks

My 2014 club car needed a “camber” adjustment. I was told it can’t be adjusted. I contacted “Garett’s Carts” 325-396-8342. He replaced the king pins with ones that have 3 mounting positions. Yamaha May not have adjustable king pins. I would make the call. It cost me a couple of hundred and a pickup and return service fee consistent with previous price estimate.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenflash245 View Post
tires start to wear right out of the shop.
All tires start wearing as soon as they hit the road!
Old 02-28-2020, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,919 Times in 2,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
Many times the tires wear due to underinflation. Make sure your air pressure is correct.
Or over inflated.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:59 PM
Sage

My 2012 1/2 Yamaha has around 12,000 miles. I had back issue and deflated the air pressure to 14 to 16 lbs. on the back to easy the jarring. It worn the outside tread in about 5,000 miles. The front tires I keep at 25/26 and the are worn evenly with about 1/2 tread worn.

I replaced Back tires and ran 26 psi and have 6,000 miles on them and show hardly any wear. In 12K miles I have replaced 1 tie rod (I re-aligned the front end myself using marker and tape measure) two tires, air filter and spark plug twice, battery, just replaced the drive belt and starter generator belt, and changed oil at least every 6 months. It runs and rides like new still. I had club car before, front ends are weak And wear out, not really made heavy duty to be driving on asphalt and concrete at 20 MPH. so far the Yamaha way ahead of club cars IMO for street use.

I check my tire pressure every 4 weeks or so. It’s always down. 1 to 4 psi depending on high or low the weather temperature goes up or down in that month. If you don’t check you’re tires pressure it going to to be low in 4 to 6 weeks and go lower if left unchecked. Which will cause you’re tires to wear on the outside edges. If you over inflate them they I’ll wear in the middle.

IMO majority of cart driver’s just get in and go have little knowledge how to maintain cart. If you depend on servicing one year to maintain you’re cart you will have problem’s IMO.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Golf cart are for golf courses, they are modified in villages for street use. IMO majority don’t maintain them using them for street use, which IMO at least triples the problems that they could encounter?
Old 02-29-2020, 08:15 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

I have a 2013 4-steat Yamaha. Over 15,000 miles w/great tire wear. Always keep your tires properly inflated.
Closed Thread

Tags
yamaha, problem, fix, front, wear

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.