Yamaha Front Wiring Harness

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2022, 09:52 AM
Platinum member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Can you find wiring diagram? You’re headlights, meaning both of them? First would check ground and connectors for corrosion. Look for wires chafing. If they are good them you have to get multimeter and trace each wire from point a to point b. You can also back probe to check voltage. When doing this need to wiggle harness see if voltage fluctuation? Which might mean break stains in particular wire. That’s why it may be costly, time consuming to actually find fault?

Like others has said it both are blinking I would suspect grounding/corrosion problem?
A 2020 with low hours shouldn't have that much corrosion if any. I have seen where tires rub on wires close to headlights before.
Mobile Golf carts wanted to charge me $.50 an hour to trace my electrical problem and would need my cart for at least one or more weeks... Billing the entire 24 hours a day...
With help of my neighbor we found the problem,,,

Old 06-23-2022, 11:05 AM

Call Todd Casey mobile cart repair and have him look at it. He is outstanding.
Old 06-23-2022, 12:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
A 2020 with low hours shouldn't have that much corrosion if any. I have seen where tires rub on wires close to headlights before.
Mobile Golf carts wanted to charge me $.50 an hour to trace my electrical problem and would need my cart for at least one or more weeks... Billing the entire 24 hours a day...
With help of my neighbor we found the problem,,,

All depends on installation and whether cart gets wet, some people can’t get vehicles in garage due it’s full of junk.

Called chafing why got look for it. .50 cent and hour would be slave labor in this country. I sure you’re meant 50 bucks and hour.
Old 06-23-2022, 01:02 PM
Veteran member

LED headlights are in many instances, prone to flickering. Most noticeable at idle and low speed. Many Jeep Wrangler owners who change their halogen headlights to LED headlights can attest to this, and as a result, many manufacturers of LED replacement headlights sell their kits with an anti-flicker wiring harness. Maybe you could check out this situation on "google", and see what you can come up with.
Old 06-23-2022, 06:20 PM

As I read through this post, lets not get confused that yamaha does not charge there carts at a steady rate like club car and ezgo.

It generally goes from high 14 to 16 volts and goes back and forth. If you see this as the lights get brighter and then dimmer this is the issue. Yamahas can be modified to charge at a steady 14.5 volts, but most repair shops dont know how to do it.
Old 06-23-2022, 08:22 PM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

headlights are an accessory?
Old 06-24-2022, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedalton View Post
headlights are an accessory?
Yes, they don't come standard on a normal golf course cart...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-24-2022, 09:18 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
The headlights on my 2020 cart have been flickering at start up speed. The guy from Carts and Clubs says its the front wiring harness and will cost a good chunk of change to fix. He further said it's an accessory and not covered under warranty. Anybody else have this problem? It's more of a nuisance at this time.
Noted you said that is an accessory item. If so, sounds like it was an after market accessory. If you bought this "accessory" from a dealer, did they have any warranty on it? As others stated might be a loose connection. Amazing over last year I have spent more on cart repairs than car repairs and both driven about the same amount of hours.
Old 06-24-2022, 01:59 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
Noted you said that is an accessory item. If so, sounds like it was an after market accessory. If you bought this "accessory" from a dealer, did they have any warranty on it? As others stated might be a loose connection. Amazing over last year I have spent more on cart repairs than car repairs and both driven about the same amount of hours.
I have reached out to Carts and Clubs for some clarification about why they say the problem is their own custom wiring harness and why it's not under warranty.
Old 06-27-2022, 07:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
The headlights on my 2020 cart have been flickering at start up speed. The guy from Carts and Clubs says its the front wiring harness and will cost a good chunk of change to fix. He further said it's an accessory and not covered under warranty. Anybody else have this problem? It's more of a nuisance at this time.
The accessory wiring harness on my Yamaha golf cart was too lightweight for the load on it. I ran a piece of 14 gage house wire through an in-line fuse to the headlights, putting them on their own circuit. All problems solved. Cost less than $10, took less than an hour of time.
Old 06-27-2022, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nn0wheremann View Post
The accessory wiring harness on my Yamaha golf cart was too lightweight for the load on it. I ran a piece of 14 gage house wire through an in-line fuse to the headlights, putting them on their own circuit. All problems solved. Cost less than $10, took less than an hour of time.
You have provided a very good solution, I have seen several wiring harnesses with conductors too small for the connected loads, and then I saw the really bad solution to install larger fuses for the additional load, resulting in a melted wiring harness.
Old 07-30-2022, 07:52 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

After some discussion with Carts and Clubs they took my cart in to diagnose why it's happening. They replaced the wiring harness and the problem for the most part is gone. They did cover it under the warranty.
Closed Thread

Tags
front, harness, wiring, fix, yamaha

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.