Yamaha Gas Golf Cart - advice for a newbie who wants to buy 2017 or newer

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2021, 06:12 AM
Default Yamaha Gas Golf Cart - advice for a newbie who wants to buy 2017 or newer

We are one week in from our move here and are on the hunt for a 2017 or newer Yamaha gas golf cart. We are looking at the classifieds here, Facebook Marketplace, and NextDoor. Any other places we should look? And if you have one for sale, please private message me. Thanks in advance! Mike
Old 06-12-2021, 09:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwartzeee View Post
We are one week in from our move here and are on the hunt for a 2017 or newer Yamaha gas golf cart. We are looking at the classifieds here, Facebook Marketplace, and NextDoor. Any other places we should look? And if you have one for sale, please private message me. Thanks in advance! Mike
Mike,
You will get several opinions on this topic, most will be good options. If one of my relatives or good friends were moving here and asked about golf carts, I would suggest they drive up to Carts & Clubs and order a new Quiet tech Yamaha cart. Get the exact color they want, and whatever bells and whistles that are needed/wanted. They come with a warranty and the buyer "knows" the cart from day one.
Every year you can have the dealer come to your home and do a yearly tune-up. This golf cart will last for years on end. Good Luck with your search and Welcome!!!
Old 06-12-2021, 09:23 AM

I agree with the other poster, splurge on this and get a new one exactly as you want it. Be sure to include the most comfy seats, we did. The house was used, the car was used, but we went all out for the quite Yamaha (it was new that year). Then got the seats that even slide forward to get optimum foot angle to the gas and brake pedals, and my wife and I are different heights. And so soft. You are likely to be hear long enough and drive the cart enough that going all out for it is worth your while. The Villages Golf centers have some of these new and used, along with the other vendor named.
Old 06-13-2021, 11:13 AM

Avoid a 2017. They have lots of problems. 2018 or newer.
Old 06-13-2021, 12:52 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Definitely go to carts and clubs
Old 06-13-2021, 02:00 PM

Yes! Best pricing and best service department. Jim and crew have kept my cart going since new. It's had lots of problems(Yamaha warranty problems) but, you can count on them. Never buy a 1st year cart. Wait till they work out the bugs.
Closed Thread

Tags
gas, newer, yamaha, golf, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.