Yamaha headlight lens

Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2018, 01:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,878 Times in 2,424 Posts
Default Yamaha headlight lens

My G29 golf cart headlight lens foggy. I've replace bulbs and know the headlight comes in 4 pieces, 5 counting the bulb. I can only find replacement sets online (all four, both headlights and tail lights) haven't made to the golf cart store yet? But has anybody brought just the reflection lens?
Old 09-09-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
My G29 golf cart headlight lens foggy. I've replace bulbs and know the headlight comes in 4 pieces, 5 counting the bulb. I can only find replacement sets online (all four, both headlights and tail lights) haven't made to the golf cart store yet? But has anybody brought just the reflection lens?
I used wd40 plus some toothpaste on a soft cloth. A little elbow grease and the 'fog' lifted.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,088 Times in 2,230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I have used 'chrome' spray paint to refurbish old metal taillight reflectors with very good results. I happen to have a can of this gathering dust, as I am almost complete on my most recent restoration project, so if you are interested, we can get together and I will refinish your reflector. Send me a PM if interested.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I have used 'chrome' spray paint to refurbish old metal taillight reflectors with very good results. I happen to have a can of this gathering dust, as I am almost complete on my most recent restoration project, so if you are interested, we can get together and I will refinish your reflector. Send me a PM if interested.
Thanks for the offer, but the foggiest is on the inside of the lens (clear reflector cover which is two piece sealed unit with only light bulb hole). I guess it Probably got moisture leaking i from the front tire that throws water up in that area. I know the headlights are aftermarket kits which have several individual pieces. I was hoping just to buy the lens reflector assembly rather than the 2 or 4 piece kit assemblies.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopjt View Post
I used wd40 plus some toothpaste on a soft cloth. A little elbow grease and the 'fog' lifted.
Thanks for the tip, I tried the outside, but the foggiest is inside lens assembly.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:50 AM
Sage

OP, I am out of ideas, as I am having a hard time guessing what this light looks like, if you have a link or name/model of the light that would have pictures, i may have some more ideas.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OP, I am out of ideas, as I am having a hard time guessing what this light looks like, if you have a link or name/model of the light that would have pictures, i may have some more ideas.
No, can't find anything on breakdown online even looking up the "MADJAX". manufacture of the aftermarket supplier. Basic the lens assembly is two piece glued together housing with lightbulb hole that the light bulb slips into place and held with screw which hole the ground wire. The lens housing assembly molded in two pieces, front have clear front lens with the reflector, back half holds the lens assembly to gather with two screws, the back half also had the headlight adjustment bracket which also has three nuts welded on to mount to the bucket. Then, the whole assembly mount to the light bucket with three mounting bolts. The light bucket then mounts to the fender with two brackets Pinching the bucket between the front fender. Plus the two wires runs through all light pieces.

I am guessing The only way to replace the len reflector assembly by finding lens assembly seperately or by buying the headlight, adjustment bracket and headlight bucket assembly. But, I haven't made it to golf cart store yet to see if it can be brought separately? That's Why I was asking the question if anybody found just the len assembly without buying the complete headlight unit?

You can just replace the lightbulb which I have before which is the only replacement part other than the whole assembly I can find.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 09-10-2018 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:52 PM
Sage

I sent you a PM
Old 09-15-2018, 09:11 PM
Sage

OK, finely made it to Sumter landing golf cart store. They said they could get the lens assembly. But. Parts department closed on Saturday. So, when I make it down there on week day I'll see if the actually can get them beings I was talking to salesman?
Old 09-20-2018, 11:07 PM
Sage
Default Results

Ok, golf cart store has all the parts individually. Got lens assembly and replaced it. Now, about the Walmart H3 bulbs, they don't have the right connection, They have blade connector, my year cart require butt connector. So unless you have right connector to replace the blade connector you're in pickle.

The replacement was fairly simple. Disconnect harness, remove the three 10mm bolts from back of the light bucket and pull lens assembly out feeding the harness through the bucket, remove the adjustment bracket. Reverse the order of removal. After dissembling the old lens assy (two screws hold the back half to the reflector assy.) I was able to go through the old reflector bulb hole and clean the lens.

Now I have extra lens assembly in case I have problem again. The lens assembly with light bulb and harness was 45 bucks. I could of just got the reflector assembly, but it would of have to been ordered.
Closed Thread

Tags
headlight, lens, golf, cart, lights

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.