Yamaha Lithium is here....

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2022, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorTech View Post
I doubt TVGC wants to sell any electric cart that won't go at least 50 miles on a charge. I wouldn't either.

Yeah..."The Leaderboard is Changing"..LOL

What does MBA stand for? Mindless Blathering A------
I think that TVGC wants to sell whatever they make the most margin on. Up until now, that has been Yamaha gas. EZ Go is probably giving them a better deal and more and more people are interested in lithium.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:54 AM

I retrofitted my Club Car Precedent with the Roy Power 105. I get over 50 miles to a charge and that’s with a high speed motor . Charges in 3.5 hours,,,,,guaranteed for 5 years, and only cost me 2300 to have it done.After 4 sets of lead acid batteries, I was done. BTW it is way lighter so the cart is faster and handles better.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:59 AM
Sage

Star looks very, very good but pricing is off the charts. I looked at one when I bought my EZ Go Elite and was told that they start at $22,000.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonip View Post
Just bought one. 210 lithium. 70-80 miles. Battery gauge but you can use the battery app on iPhone to get a better look at your range and charge. Lots of features.
Star looks very, very good but pricing is off the charts. I looked at one when I bought my EZ Go Elite and was told that they start at $22,000.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:00 AM

We just looked at them yesterday at TVGC. The new lithium carts, they say, are getting 50 miles for Yamaha and 80 miles for Star. Like someone said, that is on flat ground and hurricane winds to your back I bet. Then I ask how long do the batteries last and the cost of them. They said 5 to 8 years is what they are “predicting” and “right now” the price is $4,000 for new batteries. In 5 to 8 years when you need new batteries they will be $6,000 or $7,000 and you won’t be able to get $5,000 out of the cart if you tried to sell it. Just my opinion. $4,000 of gas goes a long way in a golf cart. Think about it. All your getting is a little more quite ride, not a better ride. This is just my opinion and thoughts. Buy what you feel right buying and remember, riding around in a golf cart all day is much better than working. lol
Old 01-26-2022, 09:11 AM

Lithium battery prices are falling not rising. As far as dealers quoting replacement prices, no one will have a dealer do it. They will be replaced by independents like Battery Brothers. Go online all kinds of companies selling them from 1500 to 3000 depending on size.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
Just like a Tesla
In what way is that ?
Old 01-26-2022, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyl39 View Post
I retrofitted my Club Car Precedent with the Roy Power 105. I get over 50 miles to a charge and that’s with a high speed motor . Charges in 3.5 hours,,,,,guaranteed for 5 years, and only cost me 2300 to have it done.After 4 sets of lead acid batteries, I was done. BTW it is way lighter so the cart is faster and handles better.
"Faster"? Isn't it throttled to a specific speed? Are you suggesting it goes slower with 2 people in it than 1?
Old 01-26-2022, 10:46 AM

404 miles on the Tesla FYI
Old 01-26-2022, 10:55 AM

Not sure about where you all go but I've checked my mileage from my longest drive in my cart without stopping at my home and it was about 35 miles. Usually it's less than 20. Once home it's real simple to plug the cart in. I don't think I have ever gone over 40 miles in a day in the cart and there is always time while at home it can be charged.
Plugging it in is a whole lot easier than going to a gas station. Used to do that every other week and for me it was about a 45 minute trip to get there, fill it up and then back. That's about 19 hours of wasted time per year.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf54 View Post
I expect within a year they will have a Village version with 2 108ah batteries.
Yeah, maybe...One would think they would put the RoyPow 160ah battery in the PTV version because The Villages is the number one Yamaha golf cart dealer in the WORLD! And, TV is going to nearly double in size over the next 5 years.

Last edited by MorTech; 01-26-2022 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:17 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
The Star uses a 210ah battery good for at least 80 miles. It was $18, 300 a few months ago. for 2 passenger...About the same as EZGO Elite 4.2
Old 01-26-2022, 01:19 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Yea, wait until they have to buy another Lithium battery, expensive! Electric transportation just to get 40 miles in a golf cart & maybe 150 miles in a new $80,000. car is a joke. Our country is starting to be a joke! Do what you want but not me!
Alrighty then.
Old 01-26-2022, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorTech View Post
And they are "boasting" 105ah...LOL
RoyPow battery
38 miles of range..Booo

Yamaha Golf Car PowerTech Li - Yamaha Golf Car

Its like they put near zero effort into this....
Maybe the PTV version will have a bigger battery...But that would make sense, so probably not
It would also make sense to have turn signals and the comfy seat standard in the PTV...That not going to happen.
But, hey! What can you expect for $15K? ...HeHe.
I take it that the purpose of this thread is to "trash talk" electric golf carts! I will be an outlier and take the opposite side of this argument. I will suppose that everyone here loves their sons, daughters, and grandchildren. And I will take it as a GIVEN that they are aware of Global Warming. And spare me the "it's just natural cycles of the climate-changing", please - since most climate scientists KNOW that it is man-made and that the last 7 years is the warmest in RECENT HISTORY (maybe sometime 1 million years ago was warmer, but humans don't live quite that long, or worry about ice ages)
.......1st let's talk about the short term with respect to battery-powered golf carts. Note : I am not aware whether there are or are not HYBRID golf carts, but I could see that as a great solution to the "dealer-salesman-promoted" range anxiety that permeates TOTV golf cart posts. AND a great way for "conservative golfers" to be led into the future, promised land of E golf-vehicles. So.....short term.....to make an experiment that MIGHT (?) change minds and PROVE my point - simply sit outside, within 10 feet of a residential street with a LOT OF golf cart traffic and other traffic. Use a very sophisticated piece of test equipment......your nose. Wait for a day in which the prevailing WIND is lightly blowing toward your nose. You will reach the conclusion that OLDER or out-of-tune GASOLINE golf cars are very, VERY, SUPER STINKY. Note : when you are riding inside a golf cart the FRESH wind saves you, yourself, from inhaling the noxious FUMES. BUT, the environment and joggers, walkers, and other OLDER members of your TV Land brothers and sisters are NOT SO LUCKY ......to be continued
Old 01-26-2022, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Continued.....short term - you will notice that many gas carts are also VERY noisy and seem to vibrate as if they want to throw off all their bolts. You will probably also see speeds pushing 35 mph illegally, but a different issue. If an Electric Golf Cart happens to come by (there are more of them here than people think), it will be noticed that there is NO excessive noise, stink or pollution generated. And the acceleration from a stop is better.
......The cost of an Electric may be greater than the cost of a gas golf cart - but, the cost of maintaining an electric is MUCH lower. Gasoline costs more than electricity and there is that wanted trip OFTEN to the gas station and the time spent to consider. Electric motors are a more reliable even today and will get better in the future - they have much less moving parts and parts moving in a SMOOTH circle and not a jarring, metal breaking back and forth, reciprocating motion. ........I will write about the long-term advantages of Electric vehicles IF and only if there is more interest in this subject and less one-sided comments.
Closed Thread

Tags
yamaha, lithium, boasting, 105ah, lol

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.