Yamaha Turn Signal Problem

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2011, 06:42 PM
Cool Yamaha Turn Signal Problem

My turn signals quit working and I wondered if anyone else has had this problem? I immediately thought about an in-line fuse, but I can't find one anywhere under the seat or on the steering column. Any ideas before I have it hauled away for repair?
Old 03-31-2011, 07:09 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

My fuse went out for my turn signals. Had to remove the cupholders to get to it.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Sage

How did you know to look for it there?

(I'll have to remember this for future reference)

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-31-2011, 07:38 PM

Thanks for the tip! I never thought that the fuse would be hidden behind the cup holders. I'll have to tackle this tomorrow.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:06 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Got under the cart and saw something that I didn't recognize but looked burned out, so dug around and discovered that the cupholder thing popped out and got to it from there. It wasn't easy! rofl

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-01-2011, 10:41 AM

I ended up changing the flasher, which was located under the cup holder. That solved the problem. The fuses were all OK, just a NG flasher! I got the part at The Villages Golf Cars in Lake Sumter. They said that it was unusual for there to be no turn signals at all unless a fuse was blown.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Sage
Default Nice DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by max724 View Post
I ended up changing the flasher, which was located under the cup holder. That solved the problem. The fuses were all OK, just a NG flasher! I got the part at The Villages Golf Cars in Lake Sumter. They said that it was unusual for there to be no turn signals at all unless a fuse was blown.
Nice fix . I read your first post quickly and wrongly assumed you had no lights. Last year I had to replace a flasher on my Club Car for a similar issue. Took me longer than you to figure it out....
Old 04-04-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
I use to work for The Villages Golf Cars and a defective flasher was quite common. They can get water in them also that makes them go bad. Good you got it fixed!
Old 04-17-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
My turn signals quit working and I wondered if anyone else has had this problem? I immediately thought about an in-line fuse, but I can't find one anywhere under the seat or on the steering column. Any ideas before I have it hauled away for repair?
I'm on my third flasher. They get wet in the rain. This time it's wrapped inside of a zip-lock bag ... no more problems.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.