Yes! Another Golf Cart Question:

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2022, 07:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

There must be a reason why EZGO carts are the best-selling in the country. They’re the most popular with golf courses. There must be a reason.

I’ve had EZGO carts for over 25 years, wouldn’t have another brand.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyre View Post
?? What is a rumbler / How did you turn it off.
I think it's a CA law that any electric vehicle has to make some kind of sound so that people can't sneak up on other people. While test driving other brands none of them had it, just the Evolution. Like your back up beeper, its a device that plugs into the controller and when the cart is driving at 18mph or less it makes a sound. I located the device that makes the sound and unplugged it. They have a FB group with all kinds of tips about the cart.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:33 AM

I have 5 reasons why I would not buy one of those.
1- They are made 100% in China.
2- They are completely made in China!
3- They are manufactured in China.
4- They are 100% made in China.
5- They are made in China. Yes the dealer will tell you that they are assembled in Orlando or Ocala, big deal, they put the wheels on and the roof with enclosure and say that final assembly was in USA, BS!
6- for your information, the Star cart that the Villages sells are 100% Chinese as well, Star is the largest EV manufacturer in that world domination Communist state.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
And you ("generic" you) NEVER drive over 70MPH on the FL Tpk or US 75 or exceed the limit on any other local road? What's with this "legal obsession" of many of exceeding 20MPH in a lawnmower, I mean GC. Driving 24 in a GC is a hellava lot safer than 75 -90 on the highways. NO ONE ever exceeds ANY speed limits? Roads or GC's ?? Anyone who says they don't (in a car) is a liar or worse, a "left lane Louie" .
EdfNJ you are from NJ? I believe the term we use is “LLD”
Old 06-09-2022, 08:03 AM

Left Lane Loser, not Louiie
Old 06-09-2022, 08:21 AM
Veteran member

Fact: If you own a golf car that is capable of going over 20mph and is not registered as a LSV, you have an unregistered motor vehicle. If somebody crashes into you and the cops are called, you will get a ticket for operating an unregistered motor vehicle. Prepare for your court date on a felony charge and get ready to pay around $255, plus the expense of having your cart set back to 20mph. There is a reason for limiting carts to 20mph. Above that, they are unstable, and much more likely to flip over during an emergency situation. They are designed to carry your bag around a golf course.
Old 06-09-2022, 08:24 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,688 Times in 3,601 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Fact: If you own a golf car that is capable of going over 20mph and is not registered as a LSV, you have an unregistered motor vehicle.
Fact, Fact:
"every cart" is capable of going over 20mph, it just depends on how it's set & I DON'T have an unregistered MV.
Old 06-09-2022, 08:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Prepare for your court date on a felony charge
Felony????

Old 06-09-2022, 10:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-2-56 View Post
I have 5 reasons why I would not buy one of those.
1- They are made 100% in China.
2- They are completely made in China!
3- They are manufactured in China.
4- They are 100% made in China.
5- They are made in China. Yes the dealer will tell you that they are assembled in Orlando or Ocala, big deal, they put the wheels on and the roof with enclosure and say that final assembly was in USA, BS!
6- for your information, the Star cart that the Villages sells are 100% Chinese as well, Star is the largest EV manufacturer in that world domination Communist state.
Question: Do you shop at Walmart, Target, Lowes, or Home Depot?
Old 06-09-2022, 10:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
We all do, but not for vehicles.

Old 06-09-2022, 11:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,568 Times in 923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
Try not to - but if I do, it’s because I’m passing it - convenience. I know the $6 chair I get there will fall apart in 6 months.

I don’t shop there to save money on a car.
Old 06-09-2022, 11:51 AM
Veteran member

For those who want more speed out of their golf cart without it being street legal ......
Well, wait till you get clocked and stopped. The fine (s), and there will be several, will be shockingly excessive. While many do get away with enjoying the extra mph, those few who have been ticketed, have a sorry story to tell.
Old 06-09-2022, 11:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyKat View Post
Evolution carts. Seem to get more for the money. What's the catch, if any? Rougher ride, cheap parts, etc..? Yamaha looks nice, as do others with lithium batteries. But $14,000 for an adult toy? Too much. Real life opinion please.
My golfing buddy has one. After a few hundred miles bouncing around in TV you will notice the lack of "fit and finish" in the Evolution. Things start to squeak and rattle a lot.

If you are looking for a Lithium then you must consider range, and the Star Sirius gives you an honest 60+ miles on an advertised 80 mile range. I think they are made in SC.

EZ-GO has a good ride but the pedals are too far back for me. I'm a little over 6' tall and the Yamaha offers the best ride IMHO. My Yamaha is a 2021 gas and I'm really hoping soon Yamaha will get serious with Lithium and get beyond the disappointing effort they put out last year. If Yamaha ever does make a 80+ mile electric they will dominate the market.
Old 06-09-2022, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
What about hearing from Evolution cart owners that play golf and have to open and close doors every time they get in and out of the cart? I would think that would be a deterrent from buying one if you were an avid golfer.
That is an atomic cart with heat and air conditioning
Old 06-09-2022, 12:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
And you ("generic" you) NEVER drive over 70MPH on the FL Tpk or US 75 or exceed the limit on any other local road? What's with this "legal obsession" of many of exceeding 20MPH in a lawnmower, I mean GC. Driving 24 in a GC is a hellava lot safer than 75 -90 on the highways. NO ONE ever exceeds ANY speed limits? Roads or GC's ?? Anyone who says they don't (in a car) is a liar or worse, a "left lane Louie" .
First of all, I disagree that going 75 on a highway where the speed limit is more dangerous than speeding in a golf cart. What causes accidents on highways is not speed, it's weaving in and out of lanes.

The thing to look at here is percentage over the speed limit. 75 on a highway where the speed limit is 70 is 7% over the limit. Going 25 in your golf cart and you're 25% over the limit. Your not going 25% over a speed limit but over the limit which requires your vehicle to be registered and insured.

The big difference is that if you get stopped for going 75 on the turnpike, (which will never happen) you'll get a ticket and maybe a $100 fine. If you get stopped for going 25 on a street in your cart you'll be cited for driving an unregistered vehicle which carries a fine of at least $600 and possible loss of license.

You'll probably never get stopped for going 24 mph or less. The problem occurs if you get into an accident. At that point, the authorities will test your cart for maximum speed and if it's over 20, you could be in very serious trouble.

And, of course, comparing a golf cart to a lawn mower is absurd as everyone recognizes. The only purpose for making a statement like that is to annoy people. I wonder why anyone would want to do that.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
nice, lithium, batteries, yamaha, $14, 000

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.