Your dream golf cart.

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2019, 10:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Another idea for a really interesting golf cart: all white, with van Gogh's Starry Night painted on the hood. Vinework on the frame supports, so that it looks like the painting is beneath a grape arbor. I was going to do something like that with the VW Bus I used to have, back in the mid-80's but it needed too much bodywork and I sunk my extra funds into bondo and sheet metal instead of hiring an artist.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:17 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

According to my wife the cart I have has to be my dream cart. Because I am not getting another cart anytime in the near future.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
New carts have them incorporated into their rear view mirror (the one inside the cart). The camera is in a newly designed "third brake light" on the rear of the cart. The new brake light also has white lights which serve as a backup indicator. ..... as of a few weeks ago there was one at the LSL location.
Thanks photo1902, that sounds very interesting.
My cart is a 2017 Yamaha Yesteryear cart that I purchased at LSL, and I wasn't offered an option of a back-up camera.
However I'm taking my cart into Gordon's Garage for servicing next week, so I'll ask about a back-up camera then.
I love TOTV -- lots of great information!
Old 01-10-2019, 06:14 PM
Sage

4 wheel brakes. Having only rear brakes on the Yahama is almost worthless on wet roads. Applying brakes pitches the weight of the cart on the front wheels and off the rear wheels where the only brakes are, very easy to skid.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
1. An adjustable driver's seat. I'm short. My foot doesn't reach the pedal all the way so I have to "tiptoe" the gas and brake. Hubby is taller, so adding a block to the pedals would be a real pain in the butt because we'd have to add them and take them off every time "the other" of us is driving that day.
I bought from Yamaha a backrest. This moves you forward about 3 to 4 inches to reach the gas and brake but also makes the steering wheel closer and more comfortable to you. It simply hooks over you're regular backrest. If a taller driver needs the cart then remove the back rest and put in the basket behind the seat.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

I'll stick with our Yamaha until Ferrari bring out their version.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Good idea. I back up until I hear glass.
Gracie, dear, LOL!

I have to have luxury seats. I’d like to have a nice sound system. SILENT self-cancelling turn signals.

If you are a fabricator, I have an idea for a secure area. This does not mean wallets, purses or other valuables.

I’d also like an onboard compass, thermometer, warming or cooling cup holders, cruise control.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I bought from Yamaha a backrest. This moves you forward about 3 to 4 inches to reach the gas and brake but also makes the steering wheel closer and more comfortable to you. It simply hooks over you're regular backrest. If a taller driver needs the cart then remove the back rest and put in the basket behind the seat.
That's an excellent alternative, I hadn't even thought of that. First choice still would be an adjustable seat, because with a backrest, it's also moving your thighs further off the edge of the seat and that might feel weird.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:52 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
According to my wife the cart I have has to be my dream cart. Because I am not getting another cart anytime in the near future.
Ha, ha.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:29 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
So true!
Old 01-12-2019, 10:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
An adjustable driver's seat. I'm short. My foot doesn't reach the pedal all the way so I have to "tiptoe" the gas and brake. Hubby is taller, so adding a block to the pedals would be a real pain in the butt because we'd have to add them and take them off every time "the other" of us is driving that day.
I agree with your comment about an adjustable driver's seat because I'm short and Fireboy is tall.
We have a block on the pedal and it's very easy to take off.
I've tried a backrest and for me, I find the block easier. But it's all personal preference.

Last edited by Barefoot; 01-12-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Old 01-12-2019, 11:12 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts

We have an arrangement for over 50 years. Generally speaking, I don’t tell her what house she wants to buy and decorate (within our known budget) and she doesn’t tell me what car or cart to purchase. (Again, within our known budget) It works.

The dream cart is pretty simple for me. It must have turn signals like those on my car. I currently don’t need a backup camera as I can still turn to see what’s behind me but I want a gas cart that is just as quiet (not almost) as a battery one. And I want a secret super charge button that will allow me to pass those that pass me going 25-30mph. Zoom! Well, those that follow “all the rules” can rarely have any fun. Folks, have a nice day...
Old 01-12-2019, 09:49 PM

A cart that looks like my first car out of high school........a brand new 1967 GTO.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:53 PM

Thinking I will order an all black Yamaha QuietTech Drive 2 with a black Cutis cab...This, wear a straw hat and grow a beard, so everyone would think I am Amish from Ohio, or Pennsylvania....
Closed Thread

Tags
dream, cart, golf, snap, easier

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.