650 small dogs confiscated

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2019, 02:45 PM
Gold member
Default 650 small dogs confiscated

South Lake Animal League (aka The Animal League), where I have adopted two of my dogs, has stepped up to take in 52 of the 650 dogs confiscated when a puppy mill was shut down. If you would like to help, Make a Cash Donation - The Animal League

Here is what The Animal League posted on their Facebook page.

PLEASE HELP!

The Animal League was recently called by rescue partners to assist in an EXTREMELY large scale puppy-mill case involving over 650 small dogs.

These tiny creatures were living in small wire crates year after year with no relief from boredom or pain. Forced to breed over and over.

We took in FIFTY TWO of these tiny miserable souls.

ALL of the dogs in now our care are in need of medical treatment ranging from blindness, pregnancy, extreme matting, leg injuries, abscesses, skin disease, severe tooth decay, heart-worm and tumors. Continued assessment will likely reveal more.

Volunteers and staff have worked tirelessly the last three days with little sleep to get everyone stable.
Matting is so thick on some of the dogs they appear faceless.

Rescue is inherently an expensive undertaking but this assist will cost us at MINIMUM $30,000.

Imagine living in a wire crate for 12 years...
Their little feet are swollen and splayed out. Some flinch when touched, others are more accepting.

Some kiss our faces - and all we can see is a little pink tongue because their own face is so matted and caked with grime!

They are thanking us and it literally brings tears to our eyes that these little souls can even consider trusting a human being after the lives they have led!

PLEASE HELP US TO HELP THEM!

PLEASE SHARE AND SPREAD THE MESSAGE - End the madness of these forgotten dogs everywhere.

DONATE NOW!
The Animal League is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit rescue saving lives for 31 years.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	SLAL photo.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	78733  
Old 03-04-2019, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
South Lake Animal League (aka The Animal League), where I have adopted two of my dogs, has stepped up to take in 52 of the 650 dogs confiscated when a puppy mill was shut down. If you would like to help, Make a Cash Donation - The Animal League

Here is what The Animal League posted on their Facebook page.

PLEASE HELP!

The Animal League was recently called by rescue partners to assist in an EXTREMELY large scale puppy-mill case involving over 650 small dogs.

These tiny creatures were living in small wire crates year after year with no relief from boredom or pain. Forced to breed over and over.

We took in FIFTY TWO of these tiny miserable souls.

ALL of the dogs in now our care are in need of medical treatment ranging from blindness, pregnancy, extreme matting, leg injuries, abscesses, skin disease, severe tooth decay, heart-worm and tumors. Continued assessment will likely reveal more.

Volunteers and staff have worked tirelessly the last three days with little sleep to get everyone stable.
Matting is so thick on some of the dogs they appear faceless.

Rescue is inherently an expensive undertaking but this assist will cost us at MINIMUM $30,000.

Imagine living in a wire crate for 12 years...
Their little feet are swollen and splayed out. Some flinch when touched, others are more accepting.

Some kiss our faces - and all we can see is a little pink tongue because their own face is so matted and caked with grime!

They are thanking us and it literally brings tears to our eyes that these little souls can even consider trusting a human being after the lives they have led!

PLEASE HELP US TO HELP THEM!

PLEASE SHARE AND SPREAD THE MESSAGE - End the madness of these forgotten dogs everywhere.

DONATE NOW!
The Animal League is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit rescue saving lives for 31 years.
Only took 30 seconds. PayPal is one of the options.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:19 PM
Platinum member

done! those poor things.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
done! those poor things.
AND

If "Three Word Sentences" can get over 18000 posts let's see a few more here!
Old 03-04-2019, 06:20 PM

sad...just donated...very quick and easy...now I feel good...made a small difference but still made a difference.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:38 PM
fw102807

Done
Old 03-05-2019, 08:46 AM
Sage

Bump. 4 down and 18000 to go!
Old 03-05-2019, 03:24 PM
Veteran member

It won't let me pay with a credit card without creating a PayPal account, I do not want to create a PayPal account so how can I do that?
Old 03-05-2019, 04:19 PM
Gold member

Mixsonci, I don't know if you notice there are two options "Donate with PayPal" OR "Donate With a Debt or Credit Card". If you haven't already, you need to go down to "Donate With A Debit or Credit Card", click there, and proceed from there. I hope that works for you. If not, let me know. And thank you for helping those more little dogs.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
Mixsonci, I don't know if you notice there are two options "Donate with PayPal" OR "Donate With a Debt or Credit Card". If you haven't already, you need to go down to "Donate With A Debit or Credit Card", click there, and proceed from there. I hope that works for you. If not, let me know. And thank you for helping those more little dogs.
Sorry, it lets me put in my credit card info but then it insists I create a PayPal account to subscribe, I don't want to do that, is there a way around it?
Old 03-06-2019, 06:49 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
Sorry, it lets me put in my credit card info but then it insists I create a PayPal account to subscribe, I don't want to do that, is there a way around it?
I'm going to have you call the shelter and talk to them about that. The phone number for South Lake Animal League (aka The Animal League) is 352-429-6334. Sometimes when they are busy or on certain days they may not answer phone. They used to be closed on certain weekdays. They should be able to help you or give you other options.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:19 AM
Gold member

Thank you to everyone who has donated to help those poor little dogs. And if anyone else wants to donate, they are still taking donations.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:19 AM

i went on the south lake animal league website. printed out the donation form. make checks payable to SOUTH LAKE ANIMAL LEAGUE,INC.
P.O. BOX 121504
CLERMONT,FL 34712-1504
Closed Thread

Tags
dogs, league, animal, rescue, small

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.