Adjusting to yard loss

Closed Thread
Old 11-10-2020, 07:57 AM
Default Adjusting to yard loss

Hi, we have two Boston Terriers that currently have free range in our one acre backyard. Needless to say we don't have much of a yard in our new home.

We went to one of the dog parks the last time we visited, the seven year old cowered and the two year old became extremely yappy. They weren't comfortable being there.

They love to chase tennis balls. In fact, that's their favorite part of the day!

Any suggestions on how to make their transition a little bit easier?
Old 11-10-2020, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I have a fairly small yard but it's certainly larger enough for a small dog like a Boston Terrier to chase a ball. I would highly recommend an electronic fence so that they don't go chasing the ball off of your property.

I'd try the dog parks again. Sometimes it takes and animal a few times to get acclimatized to something new. Maybe bring them for several short periods and see how they do.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,071 Times in 2,743 Posts

Dam, I thought I had an answer for you when I read the thread title. I was going to suggest you move up to a different t box since we all have to adjust to yard loss, on our drives, as we get older.

Last edited by tophcfa; 11-10-2020 at 10:47 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
yard, year, balls, tennis, chase

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.