Adult cat needs new home

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2008, 08:32 PM
Default Adult cat needs new home

We have a full grown cat that needs a new home. We have a new baby in the house and it is not working out we have cat hair on everything including the baby. She is a good cat. I will include a cat carrier and her fully enclosed litter box with filter. She is spade and declawed. Any questions please call 352-483-6095 Michelle
Old 06-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: Adult cat needs new home

I hate the idea of a family pet having to be moved to a new home when there are solutions that can be tried first. I know with a new baby it is hard, but brushing twice a day does help with the shedding, especially when cats are getting rid of their winter coats. Another thing you might to consider is getting the cat trimmed. The lion cut for cats is cute and does take care of a lot of the shedding. Even keeping the cat in one room is preferable to having her go to a new home.

If you really can't find a way to keep her, you might try freecycle.org. Just please be sure that the person taking the cat truly wants it for a pet, not as bait for dog fights (a common occurrence).

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch
I hate the idea of a family pet having to be moved to a new home when there are solutions that can be tried first. I know with a new baby it is hard, but brushing twice a day does help with the shedding, especially when cats are getting rid of their winter coats. Another thing you might to consider is getting the cat trimmed. The lion cut for cats is cute and does take care of a lot of the shedding. Even keeping the cat in one room is preferable to having her go to a new home.

If you really can't find a way to keep her, you might try freecycle.org. Just please be sure that the person taking the cat truly wants it for a pet, not as bait for dog fights (a common occurrence).
omigosh. I have not heard of something so awful. If we weren't well over our limit, I would want that kitty. Heck, the three of us like all kitties. We can't go near the adoption area at Petsmart anymore.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:00 PM

Bravo Red. If you brush cats you can keep on top of the shedding. I hate when family pets are discarded so easily.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Honestly, it doesn't sound like this is an easy decision for Michelle. It is hard to parent an infant and have a feline that is a big shedder (especially this time of year). Somehow, you have to find time to clean a house, feed the family, take at least one shower a week in between the baby demands and sleep deprivation and find time to brush a cat daily. If typical, she's probably getting ready to go or is back at work already. Factor in that she may not have any family in the area (a common occurrence nowadays) and giving up the cat may be the only alternative that she can see.

I'm hoping that Michelle loves her kitty enough to try the lion cut first ($45 at the Village Groomers and lasts a few months). This may be the best solution. Here's hoping!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.