Bad Vet experience

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Default Bad Vet experience

We had been going to Paws Animal Hosp for years now, but recently I thought I should compare prescription prices with Online pharmacies.
This vet associates with their own online service, and they refuse to make it easy for their clients to do business with any competing pharmacy.

They refuse to fax a prescription to any other online pharmacy. First they told me it was illegal, then they claimed there would be no manufacturer's guarantee.
Both of these statements are patently false; other reputable Vets do this. I confirmed this is normal for the Vet from Buffalo Ridge and from Petsmart.

It looks to me that the people at Paws do not value my business, so I will go elsewhere, and will be telling others how I felt ill-treated.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

I have been going to The Village Veterinarian for many years now and they have no problem authorizing rx's from online pharmacies as long as the pet is current on anything it may need to get that prescription. However I do know some drug companies will not honor guarantees on certain meds from online pharmacies because they do not know how these companies are getting the meds. as most get them overseas. But if you choose to use an online pharmacy my Vet. will honor that request. Most Vets. cannot compete with the online prices because they cannot afford to buy in such huge quantities as these online companies do. I know my Vet tries to be competitive on Heartworm, flea and tick prevention.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdleo View Post
I have been going to The Village Veterinarian for many years now and they have no problem authorizing rx's from online pharmacies as long as the pet is current on anything it may need to get that prescription. However I do know some drug companies will not honor guarantees on certain meds from online pharmacies because they do not know how these companies are getting the meds. as most get them overseas. But if you choose to use an online pharmacy my Vet. will honor that request. Most Vets. cannot compete with the online prices because they cannot afford to buy in such huge quantities as these online companies do. I know my Vet tries to be competitive on Heartworm, flea and tick prevention.
I don't know if you have a Sam's Club membership, but I pickup my Frontline Flea/Tick prevention from the nearby location in Michigan. It might be worth checking out if they carry it at the location near the Villages.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
I agree that the local vet cannot compete on prices for prescriptions, but I don't think they should be putting up barriers to make it hard for me to choose an online company. It is more frustrating, because I need to get it filled quickly. There was an error in the first script that they wrote, so now I have to mail it back and wait some more. They delay could have been avoided had they simply used their fax machine, but they refuse.
I asked the people at Petsmart and they tell me they can't fill the script without an examination first.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayderjoe View Post
I don't know if you have a Sam's Club membership, but I pickup my Frontline Flea/Tick prevention from the nearby location in Michigan. It might be worth checking out if they carry it at the location near the Villages.
I need to get Heartworm meds; they are not over the counter, but Prescription only. I seem to have very little choice.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Veteran member

Thanks, I believe Sams here has it or something similar, but I prefer Advantix for flea and tick prevention and they usually have a deal buy 6 months get 2 months free. I really don't use it unless going out of the area never had a flea or tick problem in 12 years here. Knock on wood. I use Sentinel for heartworm and flea prevention and that has done the trick for me. o a fan of topicals.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Default Vet experience/prescriptions

Quote:
I ABSOLUTELY know what you are going through-I had a Vet in Orlando that did the same. He called me everytime he got a request for an online purchase prescription requesting I buy from him. The Veterinarian's I use up here are Parkside Animal Heights in Fruitland Park but they are also part of The Village Veterinarian. They have no problem refilling prescriptions for online services. ALSO!! For 13 years I had been purchasing my Revolution for my cats from Canadavet.com. Their product became ineffective and they took weeks to ship. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND MY NEWFOUND online service for all you product needs and they are GREAT w/Customer Service, pricing AND efficiency. They are located in the Miami area:..."WWW.ALLIVET.COM" You will NOT be disappointed!! Maureen
Old 10-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Veteran member

Glad you like Park Heights Animal Care in Fruitland Park. Yes Dr. Valdez owns The Village Veterinarian also. Both places are great. Thanks for the info.!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.