Barking dog

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Default Barking dog...

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephine71 View Post
people just don't care about others...I wonder if the tables were turn how they would feel.....dogs are becoming a problem because of their owers they just dont care......

I don't see it that way--I deeply care about my neighbors having to listen to barking....it's just that dogs DO BARK! Mine barks when it needs to go out--that is how I know. As long as your dog isn't barking early in the morning or late at night---GET REAL! Dogs bark!

Yes, there are a lot of dogs here--and WAYYYYYYYYYY too many Republicans!!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditzyfitzy View Post

I think there are wayyyyy too many of both!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

One of the reasons we have chosen to move to TV next year is because it is dog friendly. I am looking forward to joining dog clubs and enrolling in classes with my dogs. My husband is looking forward to playing golf every day.
Jeanne
Old 03-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
people just don't care about others...I wonder if the tables were turn how they would feel.....dogs are becoming a problem because of their owers they just dont care......
Josephine,

This is your second post about dogs in which you are negative. Are you related to Fumar?

All kidding aside, I think most people that have pets are responsible. Just as I think most people with their grand kids visiting keep them quiet as well. There will always be those folks who are insensitive to others - whether it is grandma who thinks it's ok for her granddaughter to play on others' lawns, or dog owners who let them bark incessantly or grandpa who allows the little guy to drive the golf cart or the pet owners who allow their pets to pee/poop on others property.

TV is a high density community. You will hear more and see more than if you are surrounded by 10 acres. We need to be flexible.

Last edited by katezbox; 03-30-2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: inexorable typing skills
Old 03-30-2011, 04:32 PM

No I am not related to Fumar and how dare you say something like that to me you don't know me and I don't know you we all have freedom of speech and I spoke out of how I feel. I have many friends who have dogs and I love them but there is a place for everything and everyone and I am sorry to say the town square is not one of them....and I am flexible....I have had many dogs and cats and birds for my children whiile they were growing up but I never took them to places where they shouldn't be...And I think you have it all wrong this is a friendly town for people......Thats why we move here to make friends and enjoy our lives....
Old 03-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

TV is dog friendly. They have dog parks, dog clubs and dog classes. The dogs are allowed in the Squares and I would have no problem bringing my 2 registered Therapy Dogs to the squares. They are allowed in hospitals, nursing homes, library for reading programs etc.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
No I am not related to Fumar and how dare you say something like that to me you don't know me and I don't know you we all have freedom of speech and I spoke out of how I feel. I have many friends who have dogs and I love them but there is a place for everything and everyone and I am sorry to say the town square is not one of them....and I am flexible....I have had many dogs and cats and birds for my children whiile they were growing up but I never took them to places where they shouldn't be...And I think you have it all wrong this is a friendly town for people......Thats why we move here to make friends and enjoy our lives....
Josephine.

Dear Kate was kidding you a little.

Fumar is a nice person.

This is a nice place.

The rules allow the dogs to be at the squares.

I enjoy them and have NOT ever had any difficulty with them.

We all have a right to our views and our feelings.

People taking their dogs to the squares aren't breaking any rules.

If everyone were exactly the same they would only sell vanilla ice cream.

I like kitties very very much...and no one ever gets to see our two kitties.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditzyfitzy View Post
I don't see it that way--I deeply care about my neighbors having to listen to barking....it's just that dogs DO BARK! Mine barks when it needs to go out--that is how I know. As long as your dog isn't barking early in the morning or late at night---GET REAL! Dogs bark!

I will take the republicans anyday, the barking dogs are annoying.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:55 PM

My wife will tell you I HATE barking dogs, and we now have 4! My sister-in-law introduced us to a little gizmo called "Pet Agree". It is a training aid from a pet supplier in Dothan, AL called Jeffers. She uses it on her Chihuahua, who really barks, almost when anyone moves! So we got us one and use it occasionally on our "herd". The instructions says it works up to 20', but I used it over the fence on a neighbor's dog, which was outside the 20-feet, and I'm thinking it worked.

It was only $23. Below is the link to their website. There is a birdhouse model on page 1, along with several other models, with a greater range some of you might consider. The "Pet Agree" we bought is on page two. We will certainly bring ours when hopefully we move to TV in 18 months. Might even take it to the town squares!

Good luck. I think some people just don't hear their dogs barking; BUT, I sure do.

http://www.jefferspet.com/training-b...10023/start/0/
Old 03-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Josephine - I was just kidding about Fumar - and he really is a nice many, just not a dog lover.

You say you love dogs - but you keep talking about how dog owners are making this not a welcome place for people... Sorry, but I just don't see it.

You have the right to your opinion that the squares are not a place for dogs - but the rules disagree and say that just ain't so. We have made many friends here - some who are allergic to cats, so when they visit the kitty goes in the bedroom.

Pet owners need to think of others - and non-pet owners need to realize that while the pets may not be "people" (although to some they are), that pet owners are also people with the right to bring their pets to places where they are lawfully allowed to do so.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbama View Post
My wife will tell you I HATE barking dogs, and we now have 4! My sister-in-law introduced us to a little gizmo called "Pet Agree". It is a training aid from a pet supplier in Dothan, AL called Jeffers. She uses it on her Chihuahua, who really barks, almost when anyone moves! So we got us one and use it occasionally on our "herd". The instructions says it works up to 20', but I used it over the fence on a neighbor's dog, which was outside the 20-feet, and I'm thinking it worked.

It was only $23. Below is the link to their website. There is a birdhouse model on page 1, along with several other models, with a greater range some of you might consider. The "Pet Agree" we bought is on page two. We will certainly bring ours when hopefully we move to TV in 18 months. Might even take it to the town squares!

Good luck. I think some people just don't hear their dogs barking; BUT, I sure do.

http://www.jefferspet.com/training-b...10023/start/0/
If you bring it to the squares, it will probably try to keep me from singing.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:13 PM

Like I said before I will never win because there are to many dog lovers I feel they don't belong in the square and this will be my last remark on dogs ....It makes me think that people love dogs more then they love people and thats alright ....I love dogs but I love people more....
Old 03-30-2011, 05:13 PM

I have read if you own a pet you live a longer and happier life. I like happy people.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

There is NOTHING to get us all excited on here like a good doggie thread.

AND this time we only heard two or three posts about the poop.

We really do have too much time on our hands.

Especially me.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Dog poop! Don't get me started now . . . .

The Villages Florida

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.