Bernedoodles

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2022, 02:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Most likley over $2500. The average person looking for a dog does not realize an ethical breeder genetically tests the Sire and Dam before breeding them. The big problem is if you have a Poodle that is genetically tested and meets conformation standards you would not breed with a non Poodle. The majority of the doodles come from the Amish, backyard breeders or puppy mills. Ethical breeders do not mix breeds.
"Ethical pet breeders" is an oxymoron.
Old 08-29-2022, 02:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
There are very ethical dog breeders, and I know many of them. I owned a dog related business.
Old 08-29-2022, 02:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Price.
Some people just aren't satisfied until they pay $1400.00.
Frenchies start at $5,000, that may or may not have health issues. $10,000 isn’t out of the spectrum of cost. Our middle child does bulldog and Frenchie rescue, all are either abused, over breed, sometimes close to death. All vet bills are her nickel, sometimes into the thousands per dog.

Yep she is truly a adopt only, she just got a call to pick up 3 berniedoodles, all very sick, and may or may not make it. Hand feeding every 1-2 hours. Came from a back room breeder. Cute as hell, we may adopt one if we are picked, but our age comes into their adoption guidelines
Old 08-29-2022, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
There are very ethical dog breeders, and I know many of them. I owned a dog related business.
It's an oxymoron because to me, personally, "breeding" ANY pets, while there are millions of rescues looking for homes, is unethical. In my opinion, personally.

In my opinion - if you can't stand the idea of getting shedded fur on the carpeting, then don't get a pet. If your priority is carpet first, pet second, then you shouldn't get a pet.

If you're allergic to dog fur, then either get a non-allergenic one at the pound, or choose a different species of pet.

As long as there are millions of dogs and cats that are rescued, abandoned, unwanted, neglected, there should be no need to "breed" pet dogs.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
It's an oxymoron because to me, personally, "breeding" ANY pets, while there are millions of rescues looking for homes, is unethical. In my opinion, personally.

In my opinion - if you can't stand the idea of getting shedded fur on the carpeting, then don't get a pet. If your priority is carpet first, pet second, then you shouldn't get a pet.

If you're allergic to dog fur, then either get a non-allergenic one at the pound, or choose a different species of pet.

As long as there are millions of dogs and cats that are rescued, abandoned, unwanted, neglected, there should be no need to "breed" pet dogs.
If they stopped breeding many breeds would become extinct. The shelters are full of pit bulls and pit mixes. Most are not ideal as a pet for children. If somebody wants a dog for their family they need the option for a good match. Many of the dogs at the shelters have bitten people and dogs. The previous owner never admits that. A friend of mines 11 year old daughter was severely bit in the face from a Rottweiler where the previous owner had dropped the dog at the shelter stating a member of the family was allergic.
Old 08-29-2022, 04:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,131 Times in 811 Posts

A little of topic but what's to like about pit bulls?
When they bite, they lock their jaw shut like Florida alligators.

And the owners always insure you: "Don't worry, he wouldn't bite".
Old 08-29-2022, 04:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
A little of topic but what's to like about pit bulls?
When they bite, they lock their jaw shut like Florida alligators.

And the owners always insure you: "Don't worry, he wouldn't bite".
I have been around some very nice Pits. Actually, I owned ad Dog Camp in VT where you went on vacation with your dog. We had several cases of dogs biting, chihuahuas and jack russell terriers. Never a Pit.
Old 08-29-2022, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,272 Times in 4,294 Posts

Quote:

Getting a hypo-allergenic dog at the pound proved impossible (in my case)...

Hence we purchased outs. Neither one was anywhere near the prices people are claiming here...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-29-2022, 05:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Yeah, breeding animals for $$..
Old 08-29-2022, 05:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Getting a hypo-allergenic dog at the pound proved impossible (in my case)...

Hence we purchased outs. Neither one was anywhere near the prices people are claiming here...
We adopted/rescued a WinniePoo from a street corner. The best fur baby ever.
Old 08-29-2022, 06:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,272 Times in 4,294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean1981 View Post
We adopted/rescued a WinniePoo from a street corner. The best fur baby ever.
You found a unicorn! Congrats!

-Tom Petty
Old 08-29-2022, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
We have a Schnoodle. It's our 2nd one. Sadly our first darted after a squirrel and was hit by a car...

She's incredibly smart, and once you "mutt up" a pure bred, most of the health issues disappear...

Plus, I have ZERO allergy issues with her...
I also had one. The best dog I ever could imagine. She broke the mold; never could or try to replace her.
Old 12-25-2022, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcimer View Post
I saw there was a post on Nextdoor about Bernedoodles. We are on the waitlist with the breeders in Summerfield, for sometime in February. It would be great to get a group going. Sounds like we will have our hands full for a while!
Just saw one on Florida Rescue, black, 3 years old, $150, #211, cute cute dog, female, all shots, named Charlie, HOUSE-TRAINED.

Last edited by jebartle; 12-26-2022 at 06:34 AM.
Old 12-25-2022, 06:20 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,549 Times in 418 Posts

Just say no to buying doodles. There is NOT ONE single ethical doodle breeder. Zip, zilch, zero. They are not hypoallergenic. They shed. They have intense grooming needs. They are often crosses of dogs with VERY different body structures and temperaments. You don’t lessen your chances of your golden mix developing cancer, you’ve just increased your chances of your poodle mix developing it. Your Poodle/Pyrenees cross doesn’t know if they should hunt the birds or protect them. Poodle brains are a thing of beauty. Quit ruining them. Please stop doodling EVERYTHING.
If you want a mixed breed dog of unknown size, temperament or background history, adopt a shelter puppy! If you want an ethically bred, purebred dog- then research your breeder and find the right dog for you.
Source: Saving Grace Animal Rescue of Maryland
Old 12-25-2022, 07:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Just say no to buying doodles. There is NOT ONE single ethical doodle breeder. Zip, zilch, zero. They are not hypoallergenic. They shed. They have intense grooming needs. They are often crosses of dogs with VERY different body structures and temperaments. You don’t lessen your chances of your golden mix developing cancer, you’ve just increased your chances of your poodle mix developing it. Your Poodle/Pyrenees cross doesn’t know if they should hunt the birds or protect them. Poodle brains are a thing of beauty. Quit ruining them. Please stop doodling EVERYTHING.
If you want a mixed breed dog of unknown size, temperament or background history, adopt a shelter puppy! If you want an ethically bred, purebred dog- then research your breeder and find the right dog for you.
Source: Saving Grace Animal Rescue of Maryland
100 per cent correct. There is nothing ethical about breeding a doodle. They are very poorly bred mutts. They are backyard breeders who do not genetic testing.
Closed Thread

Tags
bernedoodles, post, full, hands, sounds

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.