Bischon Poodle for adoption

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Default Bischon Poodle for adoption

Hi all

A woman that I seen at The Duval Postal Station, who I know has a male dog named Tyler that is friendly so beautiful. Tyler hind legs suddenly became paralyze. He has been to the Vet, and the Vet is not sure how this happened or what is causing the problem. His owner has arthritis and is having a difficulty time picking him up to go outside to do his business. Which he does without any problems. He has had some prednisone injections but she hasn't seen much improvement. He has his appetitie just cant use his hind legs he is not in any pain or discomfort. His owner is given to next Wednesday for signs of improvement if not she will have him put down. If you meet this dog you will fall in love with him. Tyler is 4 yrs old

For information about Tyler please call me Peaches 352 430 4353

Last edited by Ralph Panico; 10-30-2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Forgot to add Tyler is 4 yrs old
Old 10-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Default Tyler is 4 yrs old

I forgot to add to original post
Old 10-31-2013, 08:30 AM
Gold member

Perhaps a Bichon rescue organization would be of help. I will post the web address for one below, but you can Google and perhaps find others. You mention Bichon Poodle, so I am assuming the dog is a mix. You might also contact a Poodle rescue.

BratPack Rescue Inc.

Here's hoping the little guy gets better soon.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:55 AM

thank you for this information Re: Bratpack Rescue, I posted on their Facebook page.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Platinum member

I really can't have another dog but...

I think that before doing anything drastic I would try another vet. IMO, a vet should not say "I don't know" without following that statement with "But I'll find out".

Without knowing your friend, the dog or the vet I would suggest if she can't find a local vet to give her answers she might want to go to Gainesville. Thankfully, I've never had to make that trip but I know that you will leave there with an answer.

Your friend might also want to look into adaquan.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Dancing Thyme

I agree with Patty. I have been to the Gainesville vet hospital and with a diagnosis of liver cancer, I thought it was all over for my schnauzer but thankfully, they did surgery and did save his life. They are incredible and I would give that beautiful dog another chance. I hope this is a possibility for your friend. A very sad story to be sure.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 11-01-2013, 11:01 AM

Our 10 lb Bichon, Riley, was diagnosed with a bum hip by a local vet who wanted to cut his femur in order to alleviate the pain, but he would not have use of that leg...it would just dangle. We researched the internet in search of a micro hip replacement. At that time there were only 2 facilities in the country capable of the micro surgeries. One in NY and the other in Texas. Since it was winter we opted for Gulf Coast Veterinarian Hospital in Houston. Thank goodness we did...it wasn't his hip!!! Our little athlete had blown out his knee!!! They did the surgery that day. Returned to The Villages a few days later. He is now 14 and still our little athlete! I do know back then the Drs in Houston were working and training with the Gainesville Vet College to be able to perform micro surgeries there.

Riley has a Bichon friend named Bailey who quite suddenly started dragging her back legs. Turns out she had broken her back (probably from jumping). Had surgery and is just fine!

Good Luck!
Old 11-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Platinum member

My gut instinct after reading the OP was a back problem.

I had horses (hunter/jumper) that required a lot of back and hind-end maintenance and made several trips into the vets at Belmont after the local vet said "I don't know". My experience has been when you go to a place like Gainesville you always get an answer. It may not be the answer you want, but you'll know what you are dealing with.

My Bichon is 14, starting to get a little "ouchy" at night. Right now we just give her a bit of baby aspirin now and then, I know the next step is adaquan.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.