Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2017, 07:34 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss
Old 11-26-2017, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I keep thinking today about our boy. For a couple moments last night Mrs. Nucky said maybe for another dog now. Before I could react and I had planned on talking it over last night a very nice lady in the pool said don't do it. You raised your kids, you're free to do what you want when you want without a pet to tie you down. I still really do like that woman, she didn't want to hurt anyone but I had the green light for about 30 seconds and it was snuffed out. I do think it will happen but it has to be on my wife's terms as she had most of the daily responsibility of Barney's care.

It was part of our original deal before we were married that there would be no pets. It was mainly because our middle son is into Exotic Lizards, Birds, and Snakes. I Love the boy but not the Jurassic Park set up he brought with him into our home. After about 9 years Mrs. Nucky out of nowhere said you can get no more than 2 dogs. Within 24 hours I found Barney & Betty. Betty had to be sold because she was a wild child and even professional training didn't work. My point is I want to take my time this time. I want to grieve Barney properly and I'll wait for my wife to give me the green light if she ever is ready again. I would love a Bosoxfan type doggie because for me I just can't imagine a beautiful 5 pounder on a pink leash with a diamond collar. Maybe that's what my wife will want so if you see a big dude with that setup on a 5 pound dog say hello to Nucky. I do love all those dogs also. It's just I'm not to dainty I'm more like Mongo. Lol. We will see what the future will bring but the support from friends and poster on here is just amazing. I also finally know what The Rainbow Bridge is. Take Care and Happy Healthy Holiday Season to All.
I LOVED this post - thank you for putting into words what so many of us go through when we lose a beloved pet. My husband desperately wants another dog - not a nice little thing you can pick up and put in your purse, but a big dog - what he calls a "real" dog. If he could bring back my beautiful loving Samantha I would not hesitate. For me it is a very difficult decision.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

Tags
florida, lost, lbs, big, beautiful

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.