Broken Hearted

Closed Thread
Old 11-18-2017, 07:36 PM
Veteran member

Very, very sad.
I am so sorry for your loss.
Time will heal somewhat, but you will always smile and laugh about the good times.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:29 PM
Gold member

My condolences on the loss of Barney. I am sure you were truly blessed to have shared his journey here on Earth.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I must tell you all that your kind word here have had a calming effect on me and Mrs Nucky. We must properly mourn Mr. B before we consider the next move if there is one. It is rough coming home to nobody when you are accustomed to being greeted by 95 lbs of pure love. It is to damn quiet here. We made it through day one with the help of TOTV'S family. Thanks for a great job everyone, much appreciated. You soothed the Savage Beast with your kindness.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I must tell you all that your kind word here have had a calming effect on me and Mrs Nucky. We must properly mourn Mr. B before we consider the next move if there is one. It is rough coming home to nobody when you are accustomed to being greeted by 95 lbs of pure love. It is to damn quiet here. We made it through day one with the help of TOTV'S family. Thanks for a great job everyone, much appreciated. You soothed the Savage Beast with your kindness.
I know what you are going through...when I lost my first cat Magic in 2013 one of the hardest things was not having Magic greet me at the door when I arrived home from work. It will get better, but you will always have a place in your heart for Mr. B.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:52 PM
Bosoxfan

you-jpg

My heart is hurting for you my friend!!
Old 11-20-2017, 06:23 PM
Sage

I keep thinking today about our boy. For a couple moments last night Mrs. Nucky said maybe for another dog now. Before I could react and I had planned on talking it over last night a very nice lady in the pool said don't do it. You raised your kids, you're free to do what you want when you want without a pet to tie you down. I still really do like that woman, she didn't want to hurt anyone but I had the green light for about 30 seconds and it was snuffed out. I do think it will happen but it has to be on my wife's terms as she had most of the daily responsibility of Barney's care.

It was part of our original deal before we were married that there would be no pets. It was mainly because our middle son is into Exotic Lizards, Birds, and Snakes. I Love the boy but not the Jurassic Park set up he brought with him into our home. After about 9 years Mrs. Nucky out of nowhere said you can get no more than 2 dogs. Within 24 hours I found Barney & Betty. Betty had to be sold because she was a wild child and even professional training didn't work. My point is I want to take my time this time. I want to grieve Barney properly and I'll wait for my wife to give me the green light if she ever is ready again. I would love a Bosoxfan type doggie because for me I just can't imagine a beautiful 5 pounder on a pink leash with a diamond collar. Maybe that's what my wife will want so if you see a big dude with that setup on a 5 pound dog say hello to Nucky. I do love all those dogs also. It's just I'm not to dainty I'm more like Mongo. Lol. We will see what the future will bring but the support from friends and poster on here is just amazing. I also finally know what The Rainbow Bridge is. Take Care and Happy Healthy Holiday Season to All.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Nucky. Click here when you are feeling up to it. FLBR | Saving Boxers Since 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I keep thinking today about our boy. For a couple moments last night Mrs. Nucky said maybe for another dog now. Before I could react and I had planned on talking it over last night a very nice lady in the pool said don't do it. You raised your kids, you're free to do what you want when you want without a pet to tie you down. I still really do like that woman, she didn't want to hurt anyone but I had the green light for about 30 seconds and it was snuffed out. I do think it will happen but it has to be on my wife's terms as she had most of the daily responsibility of Barney's care.

It was part of our original deal before we were married that there would be no pets. It was mainly because our middle son is into Exotic Lizards, Birds, and Snakes. I Love the boy but not the Jurassic Park set up he brought with him into our home. After about 9 years Mrs. Nucky out of nowhere said you can get no more than 2 dogs. Within 24 hours I found Barney & Betty. Betty had to be sold because she was a wild child and even professional training didn't work. My point is I want to take my time this time. I want to grieve Barney properly and I'll wait for my wife to give me the green light if she ever is ready again. I would love a Bosoxfan type doggie because for me I just can't imagine a beautiful 5 pounder on a pink leash with a diamond collar. Maybe that's what my wife will want so if you see a big dude with that setup on a 5 pound dog say hello to Nucky. I do love all those dogs also. It's just I'm not to dainty I'm more like Mongo. Lol. We will see what the future will bring but the support from friends and poster on here is just amazing. I also finally know what The Rainbow Bridge is. Take Care and Happy Healthy Holiday Season to All.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:04 PM

So very sorry for your loss. Regardless of how one of our fur babies departs it's very heart wrenching. I've no doubt your pet was very loved and fortunate to be part of your family.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:50 AM
Sage
Default Fostering in the future

Maybe in a few months when you and Mrs. Nucky are ready, you might consider being a foster home for a dog. Not a forever commitment, but you still get a chance to help a dog in need.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:50 AM

So sorrry to hear. Like children they are a special part of our lives. I believe the Lord places them with us to show His and their unconditional love fou us. Your in our prayers.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher schneider View Post
So sorrry to hear. Like children they are a special part of our lives. I believe the Lord places them with us to show His and their unconditional love fou us. Your in our prayers.

My mother believed that. She would say, what is dog spelled backward ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2017, 09:23 AM

I'm so sorry to read about your beloved Barney. Nobody loves us quite the way our pups do and surely nobody is as happy as they are to see us when we walk in that door, they truly do think the sun rises and sets on us. I know that quietness your house has now and that in itself is a constant reminder of who is missing. It's a hard decision for you and Mrs. Nucky to make as to whether or not to go down that road again, best wishes with that. For me, I couldn't stand the emptiness of the house and each time we got another and my heart was full again. Hubby keeps telling me that our little fella now is the last pup we'll have but I make no promises.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Nucky, Priscilla, Anne, and all who mourn the loss of a furry loved one, my heart aches for you.

Pets are so important to us always but especially in an empty nest. They give us joy as we tend to them and protect them and even our arrogant kitties love us back. When they leave us they leave a jagged hole in our heart, and none of us will ever completely get over their loss.

Our pets and our friends and the creator of all of us would wish us healing love.

When the time comes, that healing love often enters our home in the form of someone new to love wearing fur.

Hugging all of you who grieve.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:33 PM
Sage

Eight days have come and gone since Barney left us. The pain is easing somewhat. For that we are grateful. We have another friend who had to put her little dog to sleep yesterday and when we were speaking to her today she said the volume of water her dog was drinking increased enormously as did our Barney and I asked if she noticed her dog licking her paws a lot and she said her dog worked on licking her paws like a fiend. So did our boy Barney. I take pride in our lawn and it is in great shape but I always limited the amount and kind of fertilizer I used. I wonder if there is a direct relation to the tumor that grew inside our guys stomach? I don't know who the previous owner used and neither do my neighbors. Maybe this is something maybe it's nothing but maybe it could save someone else's dog. I'm not lawyering up either. It was his time to go, we have made peace with that now. Thank's for all the support.
Old 11-26-2017, 01:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher schneider View Post
Amen.
Closed Thread

Tags
florida, lost, lbs, big, beautiful

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.