Cat sitter wanted

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2015, 07:53 PM
Default Cat sitter wanted

Looking for a reliable, trustworthy cat sitter...

irisheyes5511@hotmail.com
Old 04-09-2015, 11:32 AM
Default wanted pet sitter in home--exchange or free rental

I'm going away for the month of July and wish to find someone to either housesit my two cats (they are no problem) or exchange with someone else. Any other alternatives offfered other than high daily rate welcome.
Mary or mwaquarian@yahoo.com
Old 04-09-2015, 11:33 AM

Hi,
Let me know if you are up for an exchange of services. I'm North of savannah Center.
Mary
Old 04-09-2015, 12:55 PM
TOTV Moderator

Inviting someone into your home for these types of services is HIGHLY inadvisable! Unless you know this person well or have a very trusted person as a recommendation, you should never turn your home and your loved pet to a stranger.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

There is a pet "spa" on Rolling acres road, do not recall the name, large facility on the left, going North from Lake Ella road, this might be an option.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
There is a pet "spa" on Rolling acres road, do not recall the name, large facility on the left, going North from Lake Ella road, this might be an option.
It's called Village Pet Spa. They board cats and dogs (separately of course) and provide grooming services. We checked them out a few days ago and customers seemed happy with their services. We plan to use them for our cat. They can be reached at 352-751-5711.

There is also Kitty Camp Resort which is cat boarding only. They are located in Wildwood north of 466A near the TV property lines. Their number is 352-205-4284. It's a private house and they do tours by appointment only.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:23 PM
Sage

Highly recommend Dee Parson, 352 630 3190
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 04-10-2015, 01:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
Inviting someone into your home for these types of services is HIGHLY inadvisable! Unless you know this person well or have a very trusted person as a recommendation, you should never turn your home and your loved pet to a stranger.
The Moderator is right! It is dangerous to post things like this on any forum, and to take the word of strangers, is even worse.

You should only ask people you know and trust for their recommendations. This isn't exactly like asking for someone who is reliable to do your lawn care.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
It's called Village Pet Spa. They board cats and dogs (separately of course) and provide grooming services. We checked them out a few days ago and customers seemed happy with their services. We plan to use them for our cat. They can be reached at 352-751-5711.

There is also Kitty Camp Resort which is cat boarding only. They are located in Wildwood north of 466A near the TV property lines. Their number is 352-205-4284. It's a private house and they do tours by appointment only.
Logdog, when do you think you will be using their services? I will need to board my cat for the month of October and would love to hear your experiences with this facility? If you use them before October would you please let me know of your experience with them?
Old 04-10-2015, 03:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
Logdog, when do you think you will be using their services? I will need to board my cat for the month of October and would love to hear your experiences with this facility? If you use them before October would you please let me know of your experience with them?
It will be soon and I will let you know. We did talk to a dog owner picking up his pet there and he and the dog looked very happy. He said that he had used this facility several times for boarding.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
We used Village Pet Spa to board our 1 year old cat for 3 days this week. She seemed to be well cared for and they gave her a report card (nice touch) indicating that she did well. Ladies looking after the pets seemed to really care about their charges. We would definately use them again.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
Beg to differ but we use trustedhousitters.com one of your advertisers recently, and have done so for years. They have police checks, references and many are retired looking for a working holiday. No one pays. We always come home to a clean house with everything intact and don't have to worry about leaving the pets or house unattended. We get twice weekly reports. One such couple is currently looking to move here to retire.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:41 PM

We tried many different options, but our cat Charlotte never responded well until we found Kitty Camp Cat Resort. We used to only be able to feel comfortable leaving Charlotte for 4-5 days, but thanks to Kitty Camp, last year we were able to take a 48 day dream vacation without worrying about our Charlotte. Petsitters? NEVER again! If your cat is part of your family, like Charlotte is part of ours, you'll love Kitty Camp. 352-205-4284
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.