Commiseration Needed!

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Default Re: Commiseration Needed!

SWR,
I am so sorry. I recall talking with you about your cat at one of the TOTV luncheons. I know you must really be missing him. Hope you have solace in knowing he had a good life with you. Cats and all pets become members of our families.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Gold member

I am so sorry you had to put down The Cat.
I am dreading the day with our great pal Bo'sun. I have sent animals on to their great reward before and it is always the loneliest feeling.Just remember The Cat is in a better place now and you did the right thing.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Platinum member

Wow!

You guys are so special! I knew there'd be a sympathetic response, but I am frankly overwhelmed!

My late wife and I had a cat or two practically from the beginning (we'd have been married 50 years coming up in September) and so we've experienced this loss too many times. After two-three months, we inevitably went in search of another companion!

The Cat's predecessor was with us more than 18 years, and his mother, too, for at least 16. So, for the most part, the felines have been long-lived in our/my house!

I suspect that there'll be a New Cat here before the end of the year!

Again, thank you all so very, very much for your expressions! They mean the world to me!

SWR
Old 05-24-2008, 10:40 PM
Sage

SWR, I want to join with my friends in telling you how sorry I am. There is nothing to say that will fill the void. I've probably had 15 animals in my life, usually 3 at a time, and when it is time to say goodbye, it is always just so painful and lonely for a while.

If the Cat could talk she'd say thank you for a wonderful life, and for doing the right thing at the end, and for loving me all these years.

With Sympathy :'(
Barefoot
Old 05-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am so sorry. Please feel this hug. We had to take our Gremmy who was 18, four months ago to be put down because he was in pain. I understand completely.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:12 PM

Dear SWR, My heart goes out to you and I hope that the feelings of others brings you some solace. I lost my Augustina some months ago and yet I can still feel her weight walking around me in the bed. I often reach for her but of course she is not there physically. Our pain in the rump kitten (Rusty) now 9 and just about half her age no longer hangs out in the bay window on her highnesses pillow. A position they used to tussle over. He has also changed in other ways. I hope you allow a feline to rescue you soon and please post a photo when you do. May I also say that I was touched that you asked for what you needed. A brave move on your part. Best Wishes, Herb
Old 05-26-2008, 08:17 PM

I am so sorry to hear that. There is a book entitled, Rescuing Sprite, written by Mark Levin, who is an avid dog lover. But many people who also have cats have read it and found it so helpful and comforting. I highly recommend it as well.

It is so sad and awful to lose any of our dear pets.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:20 PM
mcelheny

Been there....Done that. So sorry. :'(
Old 05-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Taltarzac

Pet loss poems-- http://www.fourpawsinheaven.com/poetry/poetryindex.html
Old 06-11-2008, 05:29 AM
Sage

I was thinking about you today, SWR, and hoping you're not too lonely without The Cat. Please let us know how you're doing.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Sage

How are you doing swrinfla? I know this is still a very hard time. You've been in my thoughts. My cats are my babies. I know your pain. I had to put my two dogs down, at the same time, two years ago. Both very old, and both different problems that were not giving them quality of life. I'm just now starting to be able to laugh about the crazy things that Earl (my pug) and Addie (my corgie) would do. I had all the cats, plus 2 dogs. Quite a housefull. My husband is a veterinarian and I know that's it's very hard for the doctors too. He had his own practice for 35 years, so many times he would know the dog or cat from birth to the end, that was very hard on him.

I have not replaced my pups yet, mostly because of the move and traveling. But I do agree that there's a kitten out there somewhere that needs your love and kindness and I know you'll find each other.

It's strange but close to the time my Dad passed away, he began "seeing" all the pets we had had. He was a devote animal lover. I absolutely believe that we see our loved ones again and that includes our pets. They are family too.

My thoughts are with you. chels
Old 06-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Platinum member

chelsea:

Thanks for your concern. I am managing, but find myself waking up at 5am and wondering why The Cat isn't on the bed?

One of my neighbors, who usually sat for me when I went away, has been after me already to get a replacement! And, of course, I study the picture(s) in Sunday's Daily Sun with closer attention. BUT, not until after my Thanksgiving cruise is what I';ve set for myself.

I love your sun-glassed avatar, by the way. Our first cate, when we were married almost 50 years ago, looked much the same (although she wouldn't have put up with the glasses, you can bet); she was "Ginger." We lost her one night when she got out as we watched a nearby house burn down. We thought she may have been lost in the fire or in the confusion surrounding it. She was replaced with Josephine and Napoleon about a year later.

Again, thanks for asking!

SWR
Old 06-11-2008, 10:18 PM

SWR -- In case you hadn't heard of it -- there's a great book entitled, "Rescuing Sprite" by Mark Levin. He wrote it in the same situation with his dog. But it is great no matter what pet you have had to lose.

I highly recommend it.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:24 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

SWR,

Even though we know it is the right thing to do, that does not make it any easier when the time comes. It is always hard to say goodbye to one of your best friends. I have never had a cat. It's always been a dog. But I know how you feel. Take care. You will love again.

Boomer
Old 06-12-2008, 01:06 AM
JohnnyM

swrinfla sorry for your loss.....Johnny&Barbara
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.