Curb Your Dog

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Here is a solution for all of you concerned about dogs peeing on the grass (also would cut down on the cost of watering):

Go to www.Costco.com and search for "Pregra" which is premium artificial grass -- it looks so real!

We are moving to TV in April and will be full time residents. Looking forward to meeting all of you AND your dogs!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourpar View Post
I'm with Fumar...that's at least 2 votes!
Well, I wouldn't vote for him for... dog catcher.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
People say their dog is a member of the family. Can every member of the family pee on your lawn?
No, only the ones who pee standing up.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Cool Possible solution to the dog problems

I thought about this a lot recently concerning all of the "dog problems". I don't think it's the dogs.... I think the water treatment plant changed the formula on the "happy kool-aid" and that's causing all of the grumpyness in The Villages. GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL FORMULA.... P L E A S E !!!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Location: East Alton, IL (near St. Louis, Mo), Duval, St. James and hopefully lastly Collier
Default Easy solution....

Adopt a kitty. They are so much less trouble and maintenance and can be just as lovable as a dog. I have had 4 (3 persians and 1 himilayan) in the past and have 2 now. They follow me around room to room, wait at the door (or in the kitchen window) for me to come home, curl up on either the top of the chair or couch or on the footrest when I'm watching television. If you have two they get plenty of exercise just chasing each other around and heaven help us when I bring out the laser pointer...they go wild! I think in another life one of them may actually have been a dog and then got wise to how much easier cats really have it! I did have a dog for 17 years but he passed away in 2008 and living where I do now it was never a problem. However, since I intend to become a full time Villager in the next year I don't think I want the hassles you all are experiencing.....I'll just keep it simple and keep my kitties!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxmt54 View Post
Adopt a kitty. They are so much less trouble and maintenance and can be just as lovable as a dog. I have had 4 (3 persians and 1 himilayan) in the past and have 2 now. They follow me around room to room, wait at the door (or in the kitchen window) for me to come home, curl up on either the top of the chair or couch or on the footrest when I'm watching television. If you have two they get plenty of exercise just chasing each other around and heaven help us when I bring out the laser pointer...they go wild! I think in another life one of them may actually have been a dog and then got wise to how much easier cats really have it! I did have a dog for 17 years but he passed away in 2008 and living where I do now it was never a problem. However, since I intend to become a full time Villager in the next year I don't think I want the hassles you all are experiencing.....I'll just keep it simple and keep my kitties!
I also have cats I've rescued. I Luv my kitties
Old 03-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxmt54 View Post
Adopt a kitty. They are so much less trouble and maintenance and can be just as lovable as a dog. I have had 4 (3 persians and 1 himilayan) in the past and have 2 now. They follow me around room to room, wait at the door (or in the kitchen window) for me to come home, curl up on either the top of the chair or couch or on the footrest when I'm watching television.
I also have a seal-point Himalayan cat. She is 17. Not only is she beautiful, she is just like a dog, exactly as you described. She meets me at the door, follows me from room to room, and craves attention. She curls up on the bed with my little dog. They are best friends.

Sorry Topicop .. I know this thread is about dogs.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default You are allowed to have TWO pets in The Villages

I am a rule follower, yes I am. I am always surprised when I count our kitties. We have TWO according to rules. Their names are Mikey, Harry and Hershey. They look a lot alike and are hard to count and seen only looking out windows I think I can continue to be an...............sigh.........outlaw.

They too have a doggie persona. However, Mikey was one of the Flying Wallendas in a previous life. He is somewhat frustrated in this house because the best he can accomplish on heights is the top of the cabinets. In Cincinnati he does breathtaking tightwire routines from the handrail on the loft...about 20 feet up.

Hershey has his starving cat act perfected to a C. He pushes on you and looks so plaintive and starved, (Although he looks a lot like Fat Albert,) that each of us feel that we must open a can of food for him...which he disdainfully sniffs and walks away.

Harry is a sensitive and sneaky person. He only loves Helene our sweet daughter, the rest of us don't exist. Harry is shy and does not encourage interaction with Sweetie or me or anyone......except when JoJo stops by and then he cannot be welcoming enough, he sits on the arm and back of her chair and puts his head down to be petted.....relentlessly.

Sweetie is the commode master and he has carried a ton of litter. (WEEKLY, he says) He keeps wanting to be promoted, but he is doing such a great job.

I keep agile removing cat hair and wiping things off, so if you want to come over I promise you won't get all hairy. That is Harry's job.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-05-2010 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:04 PM

Why would people that didn't own dogs want to walk in pee. I have yet to see someone curb their dog. Maybe dogs should should just wear diapers and everyone would be happy.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjayne View Post
Why would people that didn't own dogs want to walk in pee.
IDK. Because it beats walking in poop?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.