Dachshund Needs A Home (free)

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2013, 06:10 PM
Gold member
Default Dachshund Needs A Home (free)

I'm not sure how to delete this post so here is an update. A home was found for this little guy. Thanks to all for your well wishes and concern.

My cousin found a dachshund living on the streets where she lives. Knowing that I like to help dachshunds find home she asked that I help her find a home for it. It is free. Male, black/white, age unknown (adult - no grey). Medical history unknown. Has not been neutured. Looks to be purebred. Nobody claimed it. Blind in one eye. I would have posted a photo, but she does not have a camera to take a photo. Nice dog. It was very skinny when she found it. Appears to have at least one broken tooth. Does not like cats. She has not taken it to the vet, yet. Did I mention free?

Last edited by GeoGeo; 01-21-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Veteran member

Find the dachshund rescue group. Lookin line
Old 01-20-2013, 07:17 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
My cousin found a dachshund living on the streets where she lives. Knowing that I like to help dachshunds find home she asked that I help her find a home for it. It is free. Male, black/white, age unknown (adult - no grey). Medical history unknown. Has not been neutured. Looks to be purebred. Nobody claimed it. Blind in one eye. I would have posted a photo, but she does not have a camera to take a photo. Nice dog. It was very skinny when she found it. Appears to have at least one broken tooth. Does not like cats. She has not taken it to the vet, yet. Did I mention free?
They are great dogs, keep the thread going, sounds like this little guy has been through a lot.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:42 AM
Gold member

To everyone who suggested a dachshund rescue, thank you. But if you have read other posts I have made, I have been devoted to help a certain dachshund rescue group in Florida to help dachshunds find a home. My cousin knew I posted to this website and asked that I help her out. I told her I could post as long as she did not turn the dog into the rescue. I am not allowed now to post dogs that the rescue are trying to place because they do ask for an adoption fee to help cover some of the high cost of medical bills. A lot of the dogs the rescue takes in require some costly surgeries. If my cousin cannot find a home soon, she will be turning the dog over to a rescue.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Gold member

A home was found for this little guy. Thanks to all for your well wishes and concern.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.