d'Artagnan - our cat - is back!!!

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191
Default Oh happy day...

How wonderful!!!! Such a beautiful kitty cat. Sooo very happy for you.

Big hugs, barb1191

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 02-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

How do you SAY D'Artagnan?

Dar tah yawn?
Old 02-06-2011, 08:31 AM

"dar-tan-yan" the last syllable is the English lazy vowel pronounced as the last vowel in any word ending with "er". D'Artagnan was the leader of the Three Musketeers.

By the way he was inside the cupboard in the garage - he has a good facility for opening doors which do not have a latch to hold them closed. These doors were spring loaded so they closed behind him. I think he could have pushed them open but when he is in a strange place he likes to find a dark spot to hide in. The bottom of the cupboard was full of folded clothes and he had made a space at the back of them to hide in and stay warm. Seems that on Saturday he made some noise and was discovered. He did not lose too much weight - maybe one pound in 5 days.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowleesCreekYachtClub View Post
"dar-tan-yan" the last syllable is the English lazy vowel pronounced as the last vowel in any word ending with "er". D'Artagnan was the leader of the Three Musketeers.

By the way he was inside the cupboard in the garage - he has a good facility for opening doors which do not have a latch to hold them closed. These doors were spring loaded so they closed behind him. I think he could have pushed them open but when he is in a strange place he likes to find a dark spot to hide in. The bottom of the cupboard was full of folded clothes and he had made a space at the back of them to hide in and stay warm. Seems that on Saturday he made some noise and was discovered. He did not lose too much weight - maybe one pound in 5 days.
I smile everytime I think of his happy return!!! I have told our two kitties, (Mikey, Harry and Hershey) that he is home safe and they purred loudly.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I smile everytime I think of his happy return!!! I have told our two kitties, (Mikey, Harry and Hershey) that he is home safe and they purred loudly.
I too tried calling our two kitties back in NY to give them the good news, but the little buggers are refusing to answer the phone! Just they wait until I get back home!
The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.