Day 5 as the pets turn

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2018, 07:18 AM
Sage
Default Day 5 as the pets turn

Day 5 As the pets turn….

Reason number five as to why the Villages can’t work with Lost Pets of The Villages and instead instructs their employees to call animal Control

Let me state again… the Villages NEVER to my knowledge recommended Lost Pets of The Villages to anyone. The language “referral” really doesn’t apply to Lost Pets of The Villages…. But does NOW with the new mandate apply to Animal Controls.

“When a referral is made to a third party, the party making the referral does so with the assumption that the third party will act reasonably and with due care.”

Marion is a kill facility. However, the last I heard, they were not accepting pets and none of the Animal Controls will be boots on the ground to get your pet back home. Lake County is No Kill and will not be boots on the ground to help get your pet back. Sumter County, the largest county in The Villages is High Kill. They Kill according to the date.

The Villages is making a clear choice to mandate Community Watch call Animal Services to counties that will Kill our pets and then calls that “acting reasonably and with due care”.

As I report on this memo and the reasons why The Villages can’t contact Lost Pets of The Villages, you will see WHY, if you haven’t already, this is a most reckless decision on the part of the The Villages.
The reason we started Lost Pets of The Villages is because my girlfriend’s dog walked out of their garage never to be seen again. We vowed from that day, we would do everything in our power to build a group that would be big enough so that if another dog walked out of a home, there would be enough boots on the ground to find that pet ASAP! We have accomplished that goal!

It is my opinion, the decision made by The Villages is uncaring and cold. It shows a lack of caring for the residents and our pets!
Community Watch didn’t “recommend” Lost Pets of The Villages but now is instructed to call KILL SHELTERS! Call Kill Shelters KNOWING there is a possibility they will be pulled or killed before an owner can find them.

Richard Baier worked for Sumter County and should be aware of the kill rate in that shelter! Richard should also be aware that Animal Control does not post pictures of every intake. Richard should also be aware dogs are killed within seven days of intake regardless of room. Richard himself told me the shelter isn’t full when they are killing the animals.

A little history:

Richard Baier worked for the county and was the contact when the county decided for “legal reasons” Lost Pets couldn’t be made aware of lost and found pets. His response to me at that time was “No wiggle room”. District Manager disagreed and we were able to be made aware of lost and found pets.

There is NOTHING in that statute that says you can’t make people aware of a community organization that could help you get your pets back home. The statute is for “specified entities”. However, The Villages wishes to use it against our pets.

It seems to me The Villages is now taking the responsibility for our pets! They are taking any choices out of the residents’ hands and making the decision for our pets without our consent. The Villages is now culpable if anything happens to your pets! YOU no longer have a choice. If the residents call Community Watch, they are instructed to call Animal Control! Animal Control is not going to come to The Villages and do what needs to be done to find your pet. They are not going to give us cross streets to let us know where your pet was found. They will NOT comb the streets looking for you or make people aware they have a pet in your area.

People who don’t know we are here, no longer have an option.

This was posted in Lost Pets of The Villages. I’m sharing this with you.

“Community Watch is under The District. If you are concerned about this I suggest you go to Districtgov.org under departments click on Community Watch. On the left-hand side of the page there is a link "Submit feedback, inquiry, or concern." Let them know your concern, I just did. If enough people send them feedback maybe the will rescind their decision. Remember there is power in numbers”

Angie Fox
Lost Pets of The Villages
815-370-9115
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	40411147_10213030311658247_358729910673473536_n.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	76539  
Old 09-17-2018, 02:48 PM
Sage

Angie - Have you thought of involving a TV station? Sounds like a public interest story they may like.

Tags
pets, villages, lost, kill, animal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.