Day 6 As the pets turn

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2018, 06:21 AM
Sage
Default Day 6 As the pets turn

Day 6 As the pets turn….

Reason number six as to why the Villages can’t work with Lost Pets of The Villages and instead instructs their employees to call animal Control

Let me state again… the Villages NEVER to my knowledge “recommended” Lost Pets of The Villages to anyone. The language “referral” really doesn’t apply to Lost Pets of The Villages…. But does NOW with the new mandate apply to Animal Controls.

“The well-being and mindset of the lost pet itself. Animals, especially those estranged from their homes are foreseeable confused and scared. According to the Canine Journal article “Dog Bite Statistics, “confused dogs are among the most likely to bite. The article recommends contacting local animals control as they are equipped to best deal with the situation.”

While this looks good on paper, it doesn’t work at Sumter County Animal Services. One of the first letters I received was from someone who used to work at Sumter County Animal Control.

"Hello I have been reading a lot about your and Oren's cause. I too feel horrible about everything that Sumter County animal control does. In fact I know they have put down some animals that didn't need to be put down. I worked for them for 3 months until I approached them about my concerns with issues I had about the way things were being done there. Which caused them to fire me for as they call it poor work performance. Which is fine with me because I didn't feel right working there watching innocent dogs getting killed or getting mistreated.
I would attend the meeting but don't want them to use the I'm a disgruntled ex employee who was fired. Because I was going to quit and they know that but fired me during the meeting so I couldn't have the satisfaction of quitting.
They do have people there who enjoy killing animals, or being really rough it's them it might be on tape since there are video cameras set up there. But also when dogs come in they are left on a truck and if they are possible parvovirus positive they are killed with no medical records created. But if anyone requests them they make stuff up. Per Herschel Wiley if a dog never gets of the truck I wasn't here. So no medical records needed.
The straw that broke the camels back for me was a dog called princess part pit who bit a worker who was holding her to get parvovirus tested. But was squeezing her and didn't have her wrapped well enough and she bit him. The next week she was put down for biting a worker even though he took all responsibility for it told everyone he didn't have her wrapped correctly and she never showed aggressive tendency toward anyone even him. The mobile vet even said she was a great dog and never had issues with her."

Lost Pets of The Villages understands “fear biting” and we don’t kill dogs when they do it. We wrap them in a blanket and hold them so they know they are safe.

Remember Harry? Harry was on the lamb for several weeks before we trapped him. He tried to bite me several times when we first released him from the cage. We were patient with him. By the time the groomer got there and we were getting all the matting out, he was giving us kisses and snuggling. He understood he was in a safe place. There were times we were hurting him because of the matting. He still understood we were helping him.

We understand “fear biting” and we don’t kill a pet because they are afraid.

For some time Sumter County Animal Services had a VERY high Kill rate because of bites. Maybe Sumter County doesn’t understand fear biting.

If your pet “fear bites” me, it won’t die. Not always the case with some Animal Controls.

Angie Fox
Lost Pets of The Villages
815-370-9115
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	37969487_10216768605348795_4439268799757156352_n.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	76556   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	37952751_10216768605188791_9036810966892806144_n.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	76557  
Old 09-18-2018, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Angry

I wish common sense were more common with the actions of people who are expected to be looking out for the welfare of pets and not playing control games.
Closed Thread

Tags
animal, pets, villages, lost, county

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.