Disturbing news

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Default Disturbing news

In today's front page, Daily Sun, the article from Mark Morse, The Villages president and COO is saying they are taking our buffalo away to a non viewing area. Some people have been getting hurt and filing suits. This is terrible. Please everyone write or call about keeping our buffalo in view. They are so much fun to watch. I wrote a letter to the editor and I hope many of you will too. Lets make a big campaign out of this.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:26 AM
Default Re: Disturbing news

Why are we letting a few spoil it for the many. You knew that there would be lawsuits. I will try to get my buddies to do the same. Let them hear our voices.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:29 PM

If that is in fact the real reason....could it be that the powers that be have decided that there is a lot of greenspace not being developed, and more jing could be made if retailers, hotel operators, etc. were allowed to bid, buy, and build? Just wondering...cynic that I am.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Sage

John, I think developing that ground was always the plan. As TV grows, so will all the supporting stores, restaurants and services that make our lives more enjoyable. Yes, I enjoy the buffs, but I always figured they were temporary. Having them use the ground before it is developed is a smart business decision. I think most of us would have done the same thing if we were fortunate enough to be in the developer's shoes. We got to enjoy the buffalo in the interim. Hopefully there will still be some place in TV for them to roam, but if not, I understand that, too.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:32 PM
mcelheny

John,
Old 05-31-2008, 02:09 AM
mcelheny

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
If that is in fact the real reason....could it be that the powers that be have decided that there is a lot of greenspace not being developed, and more jing could be made if retailers, hotel operators, etc. were allowed to bid, buy, and build? Just wondering...cynic that I am.
I wish your post could be put under Buffalo in Village Discussion.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Veteran member

I'm sure the developers decision to have the buffalo graze that land was to keep the taxes low on the property. Land that is zoned for commercial is much more expensive for tax purposes than land that is zoned for grazing. It made no sense to pay higher taxes until you were ready to develop the land. Just smart business.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.