Does This "Doggy" Comment Sit Well With You?

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2018, 03:07 AM
Veteran member
Question Does This "Doggy" Comment Sit Well With You?

I have copied the below comment verbatim, from a recent closed thread regarding what else? Dogs and their owners!

This comment was not removed by the Moderators.
Just curious . . . what do you think of this comment???

Interesting replies, most of whom don't get it. I am not attempting to make new friends with this post, and your welcome to the villages comment is late because I have now been here 17 years. My purpose is to point out leash laws, using common areas that are NOT dog parks, ENTITLED dog owners that think my yard is THEIR personal dog park. I will never understand the hubris and temerity of dog owners ASSUMING the right to walk their dogs on private property. If you are a dog owner, use YOUR yard. I respect YOUR property and would never enter uninvited. Cant use your yard? Get rid of your dog, you get all the enjoyment at home, I get your crap. THINK ABOUT IT!
Old 05-10-2018, 04:16 AM

That comment is spot on.
Thanks for posting.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Old 05-10-2018, 05:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishon View Post
That comment is spot on.

Thanks for posting.
But, but, but, my Fifi is perfect and I demand that you love her...as much as I do.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Most dog owners I know pick up after their pooch. At least the poop.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:18 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

I don't have a dog anymore, but I lived in the country at that time. When owners allow their dog to do their business in my yard they also use a bag and pick this up. BUT they never get it all, which means I better wear shoes to walk in my own yard...it just doesn't seem right....
Old 05-10-2018, 06:20 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
I have copied the below comment verbatim, from a recent closed thread regarding what else? Dogs and their owners!

Interesting replies, most of whom don't get it. I am not attempting to make new friends with this post, and your welcome to the villages comment is late because I have now been here 17 years. My purpose is to point out leash laws, using common areas that are NOT dog parks, ENTITLED dog owners that think my yard is THEIR personal dog park. I will never understand the hubris and temerity of dog owners ASSUMING the right to walk their dogs on private property. If you are a dog owner, use YOUR yard. I respect YOUR property and would never enter uninvited. Cant use your yard? Get rid of your dog, you get all the enjoyment at home, I get your crap. THINK ABOUT IT!
I disagree but that is not going to change anything. I can see this going sideways pretty soon.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:31 AM

We recently walked out our front door and saw a man up IN our yard, letting his little precious pee on our flowers. This is the second person we have had to speak to about this. I understand that dogs will pee and poop on our grass near the road, but up in your landscaping? It can and does damage plants, and smells. And yes, we weekly find someone's dog poop left in our yard. It's incredibly rude and unacceptable. We have a larger dog that we walk in our own yard and clean up after. If I ever catch the lazy trespasser that doesn't clean up, we just might take a little walk with our dog and see how they like it!
Old 05-10-2018, 06:42 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by aninjamom View Post
We recently walked out our front door and saw a man up IN our yard, letting his little precious pee on our flowers. This is the second person we have had to speak to about this. I understand that dogs will pee and poop on our grass near the road, but up in your landscaping? It can and does damage plants, and smells. And yes, we weekly find someone's dog poop left in our yard. It's incredibly rude and unacceptable. We have a larger dog that we walk in our own yard and clean up after. If I ever catch the lazy trespasser that doesn't clean up, we just might take a little walk with our dog and see how they like it!
That is rude. We have a dog and only allow him to use our yard or common areas and always pick up after him.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:47 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default That is not the point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Most dog owners I know pick up after their pooch. At least the poop.
1)it is against the law 2)while you may pick up the poop if the owner of the yard walks through the area(whether it is poop or urine)that residue will end up in their house 3)it is AGAINST THE LAW.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
1)it is against the law 2)while you may pick up the poop if the owner of the yard walks through the area(whether it is poop or urine)that residue will end up in their house 3)it is AGAINST THE LAW.
If a Neighbor's Dog Poops in Your Yard, Can You Sue? - Law and Daily Life

I found this interesting.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:09 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
That is very interesting but I know that in the deed restrictions there are a few feet of easements. Would that area be exempt?
Old 05-10-2018, 07:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
That is very interesting but I know that in the deed restrictions there are a few feet of easements. Would that area be exempt?
An 'easement' basically reserves the legal right for a utility/government entity/Etc....to enter your property.

It's still your property...and not for public use/entry.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

When our last dog was alive we thoroughly drained him in our yard and then took him for a walk. There is a responsibility for owning a dog that some people will never "get". It is a shame on them, the owners either don't care or are not thinking of others.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:21 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post

I am glad you are not my neighbor. Seem a bit bitter to me.

Tags
dog, comment, yard, owners, dogs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.