Dog #1 From The Puppy Mill Shut Down

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2019, 10:40 AM
Gold member
Default Dog #1 From The Puppy Mill Shut Down

The Animal League (aka South Lake Animal League) will be posting pics and stories of the little dogs they took in. Here is Dog #1 and its story.

The Animal League's Precious 52- The Puppy Mill Dogs
Pup #1 Hotcakes
Hi, Look at me, the little pipsqueak over here!
My name is HOTCAKES. I know it is a really silly name but you know what? I am SO HAPPY someone GAVE me a name.
I am about 12 years old and i only weigh about 3 pounds!
I am just so itty bitty! All the girls at The Animal League tell me they LOVE me. Geez!

Right now i am still a little confused about everything. On a rainy night just a few days ago, me and over 600 little doggies like me had their whole world changed.
It was raining really hard and there was lots of voices we were not used to hearing in the shed where we were kept.

See, i was a puppy mill dog until just a few days ago.
That means i was being used to make puppies so a human could make money. Puppy mills are NOT nice places. They are cramped and dirty and very sad. Hundreds of us are kept in small filthy cages stacked on top of each other and never taken care of or loved.
I will let my friends each tell you a part of that tale and how we felt getting out...

So a few days ago, i met this man. He was a nice man. Everyone called him Dr. Gallo and he is from The Animal League Wellness Center in Leesburg, FL
Doc took one look at me and i think i might have seen a little tear in his eye because he saw something that has been bothering me for a while...
Maybe you think it is my ears because, yup, issue there too but it was worse.

See, my mouth REALLY hurts and it is really hard for me to eat. It happened pretty recently.
Doc guesses i was banged in the left side of my head and it broke my tiny jaw and the blood vessels in my eye too.
I can't chew but i can eat mush pretty good.

Now, hold on lady! Don't you start crying too! I am going to be OK, I promise.
So anyway, right now i am rooming with some other tiny friends and it is really a clean place and everyone just loves me.
My new caretakers at The Animal League are going to need some help with all of us because you are not going to believe all the medical things they are finding.

I know you don't even know me but i would like to ask if you would please help them pay for my surgery so i can eat like a big dog again!
I love you so much and when I am all better I hope you pick me to live a happy life so i can forget my scary past. Talk to you again soon, Love Hotcakes ❤️

Here is a link that shows you what some of the dogs looked like...matted hair, sad faces. On the page there is a Donate button for anyone who would like to help South Lake Animal League with the medical bills for the dogs they took in. https://theanimalleague.org/puppy-mi...-need-you-now/
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	South Lake Animal League #1 dog Hotcakes.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	78792  
Old 03-08-2019, 01:08 PM

Heartbreaking.... hope they all find good homes.....
Old 03-09-2019, 03:15 PM
Default Puppy mill shutdown

I mailed in my donation yesterday. I will send more when i can. Thank you slal for all you are doing to help stop the suffering of these poor furbabies
Closed Thread

Tags
animal, league, dogs, dog, puppy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.