Dog care info needed

Dog care info needed

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Dog care info needed
Old 11-22-2018, 08:15 AM

Default Dog care info needed

I will be staying TV from end of December for possibly 4 months to see how I like it. I have 3 dogs, both 13. One a pug and one a border collie mix.
I am looking for recommendations for a vet and groomer. My pug does not like his nails trimmed by me, so I take him to a groomers every 2 weeks. Need advice.
Also, where are the good dog parks? Would love to meet others and their fur babies.

Old 11-22-2018, 08:30 AM
Gold member

I recommend Buffalo Ridge. There is a vet on site 24 by 7.The vet techs clip nails and there is an on site groomer. I will not recommend dog parks as I do not think they are safe.

Last edited by JSR22; 11-22-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2018, 10:22 AM
Gold member

best vet around is Dr. Porter in Wildwood 352-748-2543. No frills office, common sense vet. Anyone who goes to him loves him. I take my dog to Woofgang Bakery in Brownwood for his nails. you can walk in anytime between 10-4 and they do a drimmel pedicure. Cost is $15 but if you get a high school discount card (when you get here go to the office in the Villages High School and buy one for $10. Woofgang gives you $5 off each nail trim. The best dog park is Atlas Dog Park on Moyer Loop. That's below 466A. There's one on Bonita Blvd. Brinson Perry--you will meet people there but it's situated on a hill, Atlas is flat. There is one in Fenney but that's a distance away. Where will you be staying? there's also some above 466.
Closed Thread

Tags
pug, dog, groomers, trimmed, nails