The doggies need you!

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Gold member
Default The doggies need you!

My husband and I volunteer at a local shelter on Saturdays - our four legged friends need gently used towels, blankets and washable bedspreads to keep warm. If anyone has such items, please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated. We bring home what we can to wash but the supply is very, very low now. And, if you'd like to get some fresh air, exercise and lots of cuddles from the doggies, we can really use some help on Saturday mornings (doesn't have to be every week) giving the critters a nice walk or whatever else - join us!

Thank you for what you can donate, and/or for considering be a dog walker - you will be making the doggies very happy! They totally deserve it.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Veteran member

Which shelter is it? Might consider dog walking. I might have a couple of flannel sheets - don't use them down here.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:01 PM

Is it a shelter in the Villages, or in Maine?
Old 02-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Here is a link to the shelter that DebfromMaine is talking about:

http://www.allcreaturessanctuary.com/
Old 02-08-2011, 06:04 AM
Gold member

Thanks, K9 Lover - it's a fabulous place where the animals have a second chance at life and a new beginning. The founder and volunteers puts their heart and soul into making sure the animals are well cared for. We are trying to find "forever" homes for the dogs but in the meantime dog walkers and bedding are needed to keep them comfy. It's a beautiful thing!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.