Dog dies after 2 hours in hot car

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2013, 11:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy48 View Post
Not long before CiCi's closed, I was waiting in the parking lot to meet hubby for pizza. As I waited, a whimpering dog caught my attention. A few spaces down, there was a little dog struggling to breathe through a small crack in the pick-up truck's window. The dog was obviously in a great deal of distress. I looked in the truck, no water, nothing but a blanket. I went into CiCi's and asked the manager to call attention to the truck's owner that the dog was in distress. He didn't want to do that, so I announced, loud enough for others to hear, that I was calling the police about the dog.

As I walked outside, cell phone in hand, a rough-looking couple came out saying the dog was theirs, he was fine in the truck, and the husband shared that he should shoot me for not minding my own business. The CiCi's manager did bring out some water for the dog, which was immediately inhaled. After a few additional threats, the husband went back inside to eat and the wife left with the dog. The police never did show up, but the dog apparently survived. Yes, I'd do it again!
Bravo for you!!

The fact that the CiCi's manager did not want to make an announcement to patrons about the dog in distress might illustrate the kind of apathy that leads to a business having to close.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.