Dog looking for home or foster home

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Default Dog looking for home or foster home

Bella was left at our kennel and the owners never came back for her so we are trying to re-home her. She is a boxer/bull dog mix, so not a "lap dog" and I would think would need a large courtyard to run in or traditionally fenced area. She is 53 lbs and strong, so not really a leash walking dog. She is still learning her manners and is trying very hard since she loves people and really wants to please.
If you have experience with this breed and love larger dogs, contact me for more info. Not sure she is a "villages dog" but maybe someone has an idea for a new home for her.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize_P01-03-13_16.22 (1).jpg
Views:	157
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	8221  

Last edited by KARENNN; 01-03-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARENNN View Post
Bella was left at our kennel and the owners never came back for her so we are trying to re-home her. She is a boxer/bull dog mix, so not a "lap dog" and I would think would need a large courtyard to run in or traditionally fenced area. She is 53 lbs and strong, so not really a leash walking dog. She is still learning her manners and is trying very hard since she loves people and really wants to please.
If you have experience with this breed and love larger dogs, contact me for more info. Not sure she is a "villages dog" but maybe someone has an idea for a new home for her.
Very good of you to help this poor dog who has been abandoned - you are a kind person. Of course she could be a "villages dog" - with the proper training she will blossom given the chance I suspect since she loves people and is a pleaser. Don't give up on her and thank you for helping Bella.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Veteran member

As much as I wish I could take Bella, I have a dominant female who would not take kindly to Bella. Have you considered posting on Petfinder.com as well?
Old 12-31-2012, 12:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
We love big dogs, but we already have our quota of two dogs. I just wanted to say thank you for your efforts to find Bella a new home. Bless you.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Good to see you are posting this on TOTV. Hope Bella finds a good home.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:14 PM
Sage

Bump for Bella. Hope she finds a forever home in 2013!
Old 12-31-2012, 01:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Not sure she is a "Villages dog" but maybe someone has an idea for a new home for her.
Bump for Bella

There are actually quite a few large dogs living in The Villages. Our 70 lb Lollipop is one of them. Many large dogs are exercised daily at the private dog park called Doggie Doo Run Run on CR 101. It's a wonderful place, Large dogs have 10 acres at DDRR to romp and roam and socialize, off leash.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Bump for Bella

There are actually quite a few large dogs living in The Villages. Our 70 lb Lollipop is one of them. Many large dogs are exercised daily at the private dog park called Doggie Doo Run Run on CR 101. It's a wonderful place, Large dogs have 10 acres at DDRR to romp and roam and socialize, off leash.
Ditto for Doo Run Run.......excellent place to run Bella at a very reasonable cost and very well maintained property with terrific owners and staff.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Veteran member

Bump for Bella.......
Old 01-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Bump for Bella
Old 01-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Sage

Another bump for Bella.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Bella. Common name for dogs in the Villages. Pretty pooch.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
How heartless to leave a dog at a kennel and never return. Poor Bella. This same thing used to happen at the stable where I boarded my horse. People would get a couple of months behind in horse boarding charges, and then just abandon their horse.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
How heartless to leave a dog at a kennel and never return. Poor Bella. This same thing used to happen at the stable where I boarded my horse. People would get a couple of months behind in horse boarding charges, and then just abandon their horse.
Barefoot - I thought the same thing then realized it was kinder than throwing her out of the car and leaving her on the side of the road. Hope she finds a home and the love she deserves.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:54 PM

Note that there will be no adoption fee for Bella.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.