Dog parks good bad and the ugly?

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2023, 04:06 PM
Default Dog parks good bad and the ugly?

We are moving this summer to TV and the house we are renting does not have a fence and this is the first time my 3 yr old doodle hasn't had some sort of fence to run her zoomies.. I'm not a fan of dog parks but at least for the 3 months I rent until I buy something I will have to take her to dog parks. The house we are renting is in the village of Largo.. Can anyone tell me what is the closest and also which dog park in the villages is the best (meaning people actually watch their dogs and no aggressive ones dogs and owners lol). Thanks
Old 03-14-2023, 10:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Addresses for the Villages' dog parks. Those in the southern areas seem close together. Dog Parks???

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi9877 View Post
We are moving this summer to TV and the house we are renting does not have a fence and this is the first time my 3 yr old doodle hasn't had some sort of fence to run her zoomies.. I'm not a fan of dog parks but at least for the 3 months I rent until I buy something I will have to take her to dog parks. The house we are renting is in the village of Largo.. Can anyone tell me what is the closest and also which dog park in the villages is the best (meaning people actually watch their dogs and no aggressive ones dogs and owners lol). Thanks
Old 03-15-2023, 05:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,606 Times in 943 Posts

Here’s a map

https://districtgov.org/departments/...pdf?v=20220624
Old 03-15-2023, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Well two of them are close together.

In my experience these dog parks often have cliques of dog owners and how well their dogs behave often depends on how much they are busy socializing and not keeping their eyes on their pets.
Old 03-15-2023, 12:21 PM
Default Mq

I also have a (mini) GD. We’ve taken him to the park and haven’t found there to be any dog with aggressive behavior. That doesn’t mean someone won’t bring one to the park. People do meet there in groups with their friends. There’s plenty of space- large and small dog areas. My dood used to chase and play with others, but now he only likes it when we throw a ball for him. The people there will speak up if there’s a problem. Most everyone picks up after their dog, but there are those owners that are oblivious, so I say, POOP ALERT if I see them. Usually nice people there.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, parks, fence, house, dogs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.