Dog restrictions

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2018, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

You don’t have to give an address of the person with the concern, any concern. Just make the call for them, give them her Village and you will have a better idea where she stands. Anonymity is good, they have enough to do. They are not sitting there thinking about one dog.

Is your friend required to answer the letter she received?

I’m being constructive, definitely trying to help. Good luck. The lady is fortunate to have a friend like you. Please let us know how you make out.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:05 AM
Default Laws must apply to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Does anyone know anyone who has been called out by deed compliance for having an extra dog?
I have a friend who got a letter. (I will preface that by saying that she also has an unstable neighbor who spends his life trying to report people for violations.)
She was told, as I was, by her villages sales rep that you can move here with more than 1 dog, but don't replace it when it passes on. She did just that and the poor thing is now terrified that the pet patrol is going to search her house for her second dog and get rid of it. The letter doesn't say anything like this, it just says that she needs to make arrangements to be in compliance.
I had NEVER heard of this happening to anyone and she's such a sweet lady who lost her husband and all she has is these precious dogs. They never go anywhere, they go outside twice a day in her back yard and have never bothered anybody.
This makes me sad that she's so worried.
I do not know your friend or the neighbor that YOU label as UNSTABLE. The FACT is one is your friend the other apparently YOU and?or your friend have had conflicts with.

Most things are truly simple. If, your friend has gotten a notice that she IS in violation, I would guess it has been checked and she is IN VIOLATION.

I assume she has been GRANTED a period of time to RESOLVE the VIOLATION. I assume from your post that she has not made any effort to RESOLVE THE VIOLATION.
An obvious solution would be for YOU TO ADOPT THE DOG.

My dad had a simple way of expressing the most complex issues. Your rights end where the next persons rights begin.

I see people posting on this board about violations of people putting up statues etc. Frankly it does not bother me. What does bother me is picking up dog poop someone left on my lawn. Seeing plastic bags of poop laying by the storm sewers-it does and will block up the sewers and your neighbors will have to pay for it. I wonder at times if the same people throwing bags odf dog poop down the sewers are also SCREAMING about plastic straws.

NO I'M NOT HER HEIGHBOR.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
You don’t have to give an address of the person with the concern, any concern. Just make the call for them, give them her Village and you will have a better idea where she stands. Anonymity is good, they have enough to do. They are not sitting there thinking about one dog.

Is your friend required to answer the letter she received?

I’m being constructive, definitely trying to help. Good luck. The lady is fortunate to have a friend like you. Please let us know how you make out.
She's not required to, and doesn't want to unless she flat out lies and says she's not out of compliance. I think I'll do just what you suggested. Thank you!
Old 08-19-2018, 10:09 AM

According to our deed restrictions TV South 2 pets per family. We know people who have (3) and replaced the third living here. WE have been rescuing dogs for 30 years and as dog lovers we would like to have a third however in respect to all our other neighbors who follow the rules we agreed to, we will not add a third,.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
I'm thinking of calling compliance and telling them that her psycho neighbor has a mini-horse and a pot bellied pig in his house.
If the easy way doesn’t work watch The Godfather Part 1 I believe. When the landlord tries to put a widow out because she violated the rules and the landlord gets called into The Genco Olive Oil Office and The Godfather in training negotiates a reduction in rent and the best line in the movie from the scared landlord. AND THE DOG STAYS, and at a lower rent.

Maybe a simple motivational conversation could change things for the better.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
She's not required to, and doesn't want to unless she flat out lies and says she's not out of compliance. I think I'll do just what you suggested. Thank you!
You shouldn't mention that you are calling about a friend who got a "dog" compliance letter if you are at all worried about deed compliance using your call as a way to confirm that there are two dogs in her house... that seems to be the reason your friend doesn't want to call.

Instead say you are interested in purchasing a house in your friends village but have two dogs. Tell them your sales rep said that would be ok if you didn't get another dog when one of them passes.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:35 AM

I have neighbors who have more than 1 (big) dog. They are very sweet dogs and do not bother me so I have no reason to complain. If they were vicious and I was fearful to come out of my house that might be a different story, otherwise why alienate your neighbors. We all moved here to enjoy our retirement happily. If you're gonna be a crab apple then maybe go back to where you came from? Just my opinion.

Last edited by sdedes; 08-19-2018 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

How many dogs does the person have? Do you both live north of 466?

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-19-2018 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

I'm troubled by this talk of revenge. No one knows who made the call. The deed is done. Let it go.

As far as the violation goes - It is truly a shame that potential buyers are told that they can move in with one too many pets with the idea that nature will eventually bring them into compliance. Basically they are told that they can violate on a temporary basis. That's just not right.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:13 PM
Sage

///

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-19-2018 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:32 PM
Veteran member

Shame on any sales rep who tries to make a sale by telling a prospective buyer that it's ok to move in and be in violation of the use restrictions. There are absolutely no provisions in the declaration of covenants, conditions and restrictions that allow you to move in with more than the allowable number of pets as long as you don't replace any. And you're just asking for trouble, as in a case like this, where you have a neighbor who spots the violation and decides to report it.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:52 PM
Sage

///

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-19-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:55 PM
Sage

It appears many of the responses on this thread are missing the facts the OP reported.

The family moved into a section with a restriction of one dog per household. As typically done, the sales agent informed the buyers that they may bring both dogs, but must not replace a dog when it expired. This has been done thousands of times to allow new owners to move here despite the restriction with the promise to come into compliance when a dog (or dogs) dies.

Unfortunately, this lady ignored that when she replaced one dog, putting her out of compliance. Again, unfortunately, a neighbor has reported the violation. She has to come into compliance. Stop blaming the sales agent, The Villages, or the neighbor. We all agreed to abide by the deed restrictions when we bought here. I’m not unsympathetic, but this unfortunate situation was brought about by the homeowner herself.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
I'm thinking of calling compliance and telling them that her psycho neighbor has a mini-horse and a pot bellied pig in his house.
I vote for that.
Old 08-19-2018, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
It appears many of the responses on this thread are missing the facts the OP reported.

The family moved into a section with a restriction of one dog per household. As typically done, the sales agent informed the buyers that they may bring both dogs, but must not replace a dog when it expired. This has been done thousands of times to allow new owners to move here despite the restriction with the promise to come into compliance when a dog (or dogs) dies.

Unfortunately, this lady ignored that when she replaced one dog, putting her out of compliance. Again, unfortunately, a neighbor has reported the violation. She has to come into compliance. Stop blaming the sales agent, The Villages, or the neighbor. We all agreed to abide by the deed restrictions when we bought here. I’m not unsympathetic, but this unfortunate situation was brought about by the homeowner herself.
BUT... I don't see where OP says one dog died and she replaced it. I read it as she came in with two dogs, and the sales rep said it was okay.

Where does it say one of the dogs she came in with died and she brought in another second dog?

Tags
dog, shes, letter, compliance, arrangements

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.