Dog restrictions

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2018, 03:40 PM
Gold member

Here is exactly what my restrictions say about pets:

"Birds, fish, dogs and cats shall be permitted, with a maximum of two (2) pets per Homesite."

So if we had two fish and a bird we would either have fish or pheasant for dinner. Luckily we only have 1 dog.

(At our first home in TV we had a tank full of fish. Can't remember our restrictions back then, I sure hope I wasn't breakin the law!)
Old 08-19-2018, 04:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
I do not know your friend or the neighbor that YOU label as UNSTABLE. The FACT is one is your friend the other apparently YOU and?or your friend have had conflicts with.

Most things are truly simple. If, your friend has gotten a notice that she IS in violation, I would guess it has been checked and she is IN VIOLATION.

I assume she has been GRANTED a period of time to RESOLVE the VIOLATION. I assume from your post that she has not made any effort to RESOLVE THE VIOLATION.
An obvious solution would be for YOU TO ADOPT THE DOG.

My dad had a simple way of expressing the most complex issues. Your rights end where the next persons rights begin.

I see people posting on this board about violations of people putting up statues etc. Frankly it does not bother me. What does bother me is picking up dog poop someone left on my lawn. Seeing plastic bags of poop laying by the storm sewers-it does and will block up the sewers and your neighbors will have to pay for it. I wonder at times if the same people throwing bags odf dog poop down the sewers are also SCREAMING about plastic straws.

NO I'M NOT HER HEIGHBOR.
You assumed a lot. And you shouldn't.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
It appears many of the responses on this thread are missing the facts the OP reported.

The family moved into a section with a restriction of one dog per household. As typically done, the sales agent informed the buyers that they may bring both dogs, but must not replace a dog when it expired. This has been done thousands of times to allow new owners to move here despite the restriction with the promise to come into compliance when a dog (or dogs) dies.

Unfortunately, this lady ignored that when she replaced one dog, putting her out of compliance. Again, unfortunately, a neighbor has reported the violation. She has to come into compliance. Stop blaming the sales agent, The Villages, or the neighbor. We all agreed to abide by the deed restrictions when we bought here. I’m not unsympathetic, but this unfortunate situation was brought about by the homeowner herself.
She did NOT replace a dog. She has the same 2 elderly dogs she moved here with.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
It appears many of the responses on this thread are missing the facts the OP reported.

The family moved into a section with a restriction of one dog per household. As typically done, the sales agent informed the buyers that they may bring both dogs, but must not replace a dog when it expired. This has been done thousands of times to allow new owners to move here despite the restriction with the promise to come into compliance when a dog (or dogs) dies.

Unfortunately, this lady ignored that when she replaced one dog, putting her out of compliance. Again, unfortunately, a neighbor has reported the violation. She has to come into compliance. Stop blaming the sales agent, The Villages, or the neighbor. We all agreed to abide by the deed restrictions when we bought here. I’m not unsympathetic, but this unfortunate situation was brought about by the homeowner herself.
Please don't reply and bash this person if you didn't bother to read and COMPREHEND the previous posts.

My apologies to Mikeod. I mistook his post for the person who said she added another dog after she got here. But I will stand by the fact that THOUSANDS of people who move here believe what the VILLAGES sales person tells them. I guess they should not, and should be expected to terminate a pet that they were told could come here.

THIS is the quote from Mike that I meant to reply to: "Unfortunately, this lady ignored that when she replaced one dog, putting her out of compliance. Again, unfortunately, a neighbor has reported the violation"

She did NOT replace one.

Last edited by spring_chicken; 08-19-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Please don't reply and bash this person if you didn't bother to read and COMPREHEND the previous posts.
Saying that someone should follow the rules doesn't seem like bashing.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
I'm thinking of calling compliance and telling them that her psycho neighbor has a mini-horse and a pot bellied pig in his house.
They then might call compliance and say you have three dogs. You can never win a ****ing contest.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
They then might call compliance and say you have three dogs. You can never win a ****ing contest.
Say away! I will defend this lady vigorously. Not worried about me, I can defend myself quite well. This lady has nobody. Her husband died 2 months ago and she's already being attacked. I know the man who is doing this and we'll probably see him Baker acted soon.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Dogs

Quote:
Say away! I will defend this lady vigorously. Not worried about me, I can defend myself quite well. This lady has nobody. Her husband died 2 months ago and she's already being attacked. I know the man who is doing this and we'll probably see him Baker acted soon.
I admire you for being such a good friend to someone who needs help. Thank you for being kind.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Isn't the Baker act having someone committed because they are mentally ill? Maybe he needs compassion too. Sometimes people need love most who are the most unlovable.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
She did NOT replace a dog. She has the same 2 elderly dogs she moved here with.

My apologies. I misinterpreted the line where you stated
“She did just that.” I connected that to the warning about not replacing a dog, not that it meant she came with the two dogs upon the advice of the sales agent.

In that case, I would urge her to reply to the letter by contacting the compliance people with exactly that story. I would expect a positive outcome as there are many who got the same advice over the years.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Saying that someone should follow the rules doesn't seem like bashing.
GG, if I remember right you had an avatar of three cats. But who counts?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2018, 06:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
GG, if I remember right you had an avatar of three cats. But who counts?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I did. We did. Loved them to pieces. Now we have two; Mikey and Bootsie. Bootsie is three and Mikey is seventeen.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	000_8645 (1).jpg
Views:	550
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	76207   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	000_7958.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	76208  

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-19-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Check your neighborhood's deed restrictions. I only have heard of people who had three dogs can move here but cannot replace the third one when it passes. Two dogs is OK. But some neighborhoods could have other deed restrictions.
I also was told 2 dogs are allowed.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:14 AM
Sage

I have never heard of anyone fined here due to their having excessive pets, but I have heard of people who have been fined due to having children living with them under the age of 19 for more than the allowed amount of time per year.

For what that's worth.

A nickel.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:05 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,064 Times in 533 Posts

Quote:
I wish there was a "like" button, I would like all your posts in this thread. I hope this gets resolved in favor of the lady, I'm sure her dogs are a great comfort to her, the thought of taking one away, and the stress it's causing, her is horrible.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, shes, letter, compliance, arrangements

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.