Dog Stroller Purchase

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2017, 10:39 PM
Default Dog Stroller Purchase

Two and half weeks ago I purchased a used dog stroller from a villager and she explained that her 16 year old dog did not like being in a dog stroller so she used it maybe 6 times. Her husband demonstrated how to open from a closed position. I was taken by ambulance two or three days later to the Villages hospital and admitted for the next eight days.

Two days after my return home I placed my dog inside without incident. The next day, Sunday, I again placed my dog inside the dog stroller and this time my dog picked up the scent of food and touched her nose against the mesh and caused the nylon zipper to separate and allowed my dog to poke her face through the separate zipper. This is not a PetGear product (they don't use nylon zippers).

I contacted the the dog stroller seller and advised her of my hospital stay soon after purchase and what transpired. I ASKED if she would please take back the stroller and return the money I paid. She refused stating I purchased a used stroller. I explained that I purchased a used stroller that her husband demonstrated how to open from a closed position and took her at her word that the stroller did not have any functioning issues. I suggested to her that she should send an email to the manufacturer as she is the original owner and they probably would make good the defect in their product. She said was going out of town and she will call me when she returns. What her going out of town would have to do with any of this I don't know but I did tell her that if I was in the same situation I would certainly take the stroller back, return the money paid and then deal with the manufacturer.

The question to those who would like to respond, what do I do if she is still unwilling to take the stroller back. The name on the product is a trademark but the manufacturers name does not appear anywhere on the stroller. I paid $55.

Last edited by Hummintwo; 02-15-2017 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Caveat emptor.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:35 AM
Eternal Member

Nothing you can do about it except try to find the name of the manufacturer & see if they will do anything. That's what happens sometimes when we buy something used.
Google dog strollers and see if you can find a picture of it.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Used? Buyer Beware.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-15-2017, 10:15 PM

You and I are on the same page. I sent an email message to the manufacturer's customer service. I will update when I have more information.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummintwo View Post
You and I are on the same page. I sent an email message to the manufacturer's customer service. I will update when I have more information.
Most times it's not worth trying to save a couple of bucks, next time keep an eye out for when Petsmart has their friends and family sales they give 15% to everyone. Check web site or call store and ask about when sales will come up.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:29 PM
Default Save Bucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie1950 View Post
Most times it's not worth trying to save a couple of bucks, next time keep an eye out for when Petsmart has their friends and family sales they give 15% to everyone. Check web site or call store and ask about when sales will come up.
I wasn't looking to save bucks. I physically cannot assemble a packaged by the manufacturer dog stroller. I was looking for an assembled dog stroller and the one I purchased was the only one offered at the time.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:31 PM
Default Speak Plainly, Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Caveat emptor.

Exactly what do these words mean. I don't care to research so be kind and speak plainly so I know your intent.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:48 PM
Gold member

I know this doesn't help with your situation, but I have a Pet Gear stroller that uses a clasp system. Love it. It is well worth the price I paid. And by the way, I got the Cadillac model on sale for about $30 more than I could have bought a cheap-o model at the pet store.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Two and half weeks ago I purchased a used dog stroller from a villager and she explained that her 16 year old dog did not like being in a dog stroller so she used it maybe 6 times. Her husband demonstrated how to open from a closed position. I was taken by ambulance two or three days later to the Villages hospital and admitted for the next eight days.

Two days after my return home I placed my dog inside without incident. The next day, Sunday, I again placed my dog inside the dog stroller and this time my dog picked up the scent of food and touched her nose against the mesh and caused the nylon zipper to separate and allowed my dog to poke her face through the separate zipper. This is not a PetGear product (they don't use nylon zippers).

I contacted the the dog stroller seller and advised her of my hospital stay soon after purchase and what transpired. I ASKED if she would please take back the stroller and return the money I paid. She refused stating I purchased a used stroller. I explained that I purchased a used stroller that her husband demonstrated how to open from a closed position and took her at her word that the stroller did not have any functioning issues. I suggested to her that she should send an email to the manufacturer as she is the original owner and they probably would make good the defect in their product. She said was going out of town and she will call me when she returns. What her going out of town would have to do with any of this I don't know but I did tell her that if I was in the same situation I would certainly take the stroller back, return the money paid and then deal with the manufacturer.

The question to those who would like to respond, what do I do if she is still unwilling to take the stroller back. The name on the product is a trademark but the manufacturers name does not appear anywhere on the stroller. I paid $55.
Caveat Emptor means simply "Let the buyer beware".

I am responding that you can do nothing if she doesn't want to take it back but learn from this experience. It would be the same if you bought a used car.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:41 PM

I did get a response from the Manufacturer. Zipper is merely a means of closure and safety is not a warranty issue. However, provide the order number and even though the seller is not available to receive a reversal of payment, send us a photo of the defect (separated zipper). I do not have a means to photograph the separated photo. Can you help me out with that? The photo needs to be uploaded to their email to me.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:41 PM

Quote:
I wasn't looking to save bucks. I physically cannot assemble a packaged by the manufacturer dog stroller. I was looking for an assembled dog stroller and the one I purchased was the only one offered at the time.
All the store will be happy to put strollers together for you at no charge!
Old 02-17-2017, 09:55 PM

BUYER BEWARE. I think that the seller is under zero obligation to take it back. When you buy used, you take it "AS IS" unless you have,IN WRITING, a statement to the contrary. I would imagine that you have no such document.You had a run of bad luck physically and then the stroller inflicted a bite as well. I say, "SELL IT" for less and take the hit. I honestly do not think I would return the $$ either.
I have a friend who purchased a golf cart from a "FRIEND"who touted how the cart was great, etc.
Well, after an additional $1,500.00 was spent to fix this PERFECT cart, she never hears from the previous owner/ friend.
Oh well.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:43 AM
Gold member

The problem with buying things used, is that it can break and you aren't covered under warranty. In case you have to get a new stroller, they are not difficult to put together. I put ours together. If you have a medical limitation, you could ask a neighbor for help.
Closed Thread

Tags
stroller, dog, purchased, product, days

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.