Dog Teeth Cleaning

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2011, 06:49 AM
Platinum member
Default Dog Teeth Cleaning

We have two dogs, and at least one of them needs her teeth cleaned each year. Some years both do. 2009 we paid $90. 2010 we paid $95. This year the cleaning has shot up to $285.
'May I ask what other people pay and how often they have their dog's teeth cleaned. Thanks.
Tampa, FL

Last edited by Avista; 04-18-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
We have two dogs, and at least one of them needs her teeth cleaned each year. Some years both do. 2009 we paid $90. 2010 we paid $95. This year the cleaning has shot up to $150.
'May I ask what other people pay and how often they have their dog's teeth cleaned. Thanks.
I too await the response of others with bated breath. (Pun intended) If my eyes are closed, using the sniff test, I can't tell the difference between the front and the back end of our dog. This is the ONLY dog we've ever had that we felt the need to have it's teeth cleaned. Milk bones have always done the job until this guy came along.

Xavier
Old 04-18-2011, 08:01 AM
Veteran member

I wait until the teeth start getting tartar on them. I can usually tell by looking at them. Yes, milk bones help a lot. Also, I use Buffalo Ridge vets where they do a complete cleaning - no anesthesia - if the dog will cooperate. I think someone specially trained comes in once a month to do this. Fortunately, my dog lets them do it. It was $140
Old 04-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Taltarzac

Ours had his cleaned last year which also involved his having to get one of his teeth pulled. The total bill was about $250. Most of that because they had to put him under to clean these teeth. He has had it done about every three years.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:23 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
We have two dogs, and at least one of them needs her teeth cleaned each year. Some years both do. 2009 we paid $90. 2010 we paid $95. This year the cleaning has shot up to $285.
i rechecked my estimate. I was thinking it was about $150, actually it was $285! Isn't that a little much.
Tampa, FL
Old 04-18-2011, 08:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

If you brush your dog's teeth at least two times a week, then you will reduce the amount of tartar substantially. Forget about those weird looking dog tooth brushes. Instead, go to the Toddler/Baby department and buy a toddler tooth brush. You must use toothpaste made for dogs because 1) human toothpaste cannot be swallowed and 2) your dogs will love poultry flavored toothpaste.

If you can, have your dog's teeth cleaned without anesthesia. Most dogs tolerate this very well.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:45 AM
Platinum member

Does anyone know what the Mobile Vet charges for teeth cleaning?
Tampa, FL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.