Total Number of Pets

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Default Total Number of Pets

As I am very impressed with the villages, I need to know what the total number of pets allowed. I have 2 indoor Cats and 2 Dogs.

The 2 cats never ever go outside because they are declawed.

My 2 Dogs are Pugs and weigh about 22-25 lbs each.

Are my pets and I allowed to buy at the villages?
Old 04-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Sage

I have the same question. My fisher cat and wolverine are great for rodent control, and they love rock music ( mostly country rock)
Old 04-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&M-FATH View Post
As I am very impressed with the villages, I need to know what the total number of pets allowed. I have 2 indoor Cats and 2 Dogs. The 2 cats never ever go outside because they are declawed.
My 2 Dogs are Pugs and weigh about 22-25 lbs each. Are my pets and I allowed to buy at the villages?
As I understand it, the covenants allow two domestic pets per household (no restrictions on size). But many people also have "invisible" indoor cats, several of them.

The monitoring of the pet policy is "complaint driven". So if you keep your cats indoors, no-one should have a problem with them.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:47 PM
Sage
Default Love pugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&M-FATH View Post
As I am very impressed with the villages, I need to know what the total number of pets allowed. I have 2 indoor Cats and 2 Dogs.

The 2 cats never ever go outside because they are declawed.

My 2 Dogs are Pugs and weigh about 22-25 lbs each.

Are my pets and I allowed to buy at the villages?
R&M FATH,

to TOTV. Pugs are awesome. I would love to be owned by a pug, but I have started working OT again every week for several months now, so I would not be fair to the pug. I know my cat really needs attention when I get home from work at 7:00 p.m. Maybe a pug will be in my future when I move to TV. Hug your pugs and cats for me.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
As I understand it, the covenants allow two domestic pets per household (no restrictions on size). But many people also have "invisible" indoor cats, several of them.

The monitoring of the pet policy is "complaint driven". So if you keep your cats indoors, no-one should have a problem with them.
Barefoot is right.

Many who live here have more than 2 animals. Also, many who live here were told by sales reps that you can move here with more, but as they die, they cannot be replaced so that you end up with only two animals.

However, indoor cats trouble no one and should not be a problem even if you have dogs.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:01 PM

I had 3 dogs, and was told by my sales rep that it wasn`t a problem but when 1 died I couldn`t replace it.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary42651 View Post
I had 3 dogs, and was told by my sales rep that it wasn`t a problem but when 1 died I couldn`t replace it.
See what I mean??
Old 04-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary42651 View Post
I think if you check your Covenants, you'll find you agreed to two domestic pets per household. However, the Sales Reps seem to have an unofficial policy regarding existing pets ... they are "grandfathered". Don't ask, don't tell.

No problem with me, I love animals, and I sure think you should be able to bring your beloved pets to TV when you purchase here.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.