Runaway cat!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2014, 07:55 PM
KittyKat
Unhappy Runaway cat!!!! 5/1: Cassie found dead in yard.

Mom's cat, CASSIE CAT, has been missing since this afternoon. Mom didn't see her get out but thinks she might have snuck out while Mom went out on the porch to water the flowers. Sometimes she sleeps under the bed for awhile and doesn't come out when we call but when she didn't come out for dinner we knew she was gone. Cassie (or Cassie Cat) is very shy & skittish. She rarely meows. She can only be tempted with food.

Missing from 457 Enright Place, Village of Amelia, nearest to Mallory Square, connecting to Banberry Run then Odell or to Corbett then Odell.

Please call Barb or Marilyn at (352) 753-6523 ANYTIME.

She is my Avatar but I'll post another picture. Thank you.
************************************************** ************************************************** *******************
Found Cassie in back yard this morning. Some animal had gotten to her. We are hurting so badly that she had to die this way. I don't think we'll ever get over it.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0253 (800x600).jpg
Views:	191
Size:	531.0 KB
ID:	39628  

Last edited by KittyKat; 05-01-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Put food out, and check with the neighbors, with any luck Kitty is hiding nearby.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:03 PM
Sage

I'll keep an eye peeled for her.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-01-2014, 09:13 AM
KittyKat

Old 05-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'm so very very sorry. Losing a pet is hard enough but to lose your beloved cat this way is just tragic. Many hugs.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Veteran member

My heart aches for your loss. What a tragedy that you had to lose poor Cassie this way. I am very, very sorry for your loss. Keeping you in my thoughts at this difficult time.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Eternal Member

OMG ! This is so sad and heart breaking ! I am so sorry to hear this devastating news.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Gold member

I'm so sorry. It is so hard to lose a beloved furbaby. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:08 PM
KittyKat
Unhappy

Thank you all. I am not handling this well at all. I am just devastated. I've never lost a cat this way. I keep thinking how scared she must have been in her last moments. My sister from Lake Mary came up and we took Cassie to PAWS, our vet; they will send her for cremation.

About 1/2 an hour after finding her I was sitting in my front den looking out the window when I saw huge wings fly by. I didn't see the body as it was blocked by the Sylvester. Could it have been a hawk with wings that big? The vet tech told my sister that they have had several clients cats killed by hawks.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
Thank you all. I am not handling this well at all. I am just devastated. I've never lost a cat this way. I keep thinking how scared she must have been in her last moments. My sister from Lake Mary came up and we took Cassie to PAWS, our vet; they will send her for cremation. .
My deepest sympathies. I feel your pain.

Last edited by Barefoot; 05-02-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member

My heart aches for you. I am so sorry to hear about your kitty.

When the time is right, please adopt a new kitty or two. You will never forget Cassie but will find comfort in loving another.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:03 AM

I am so sorry about poor Cassie. It is so hard to lose one of our furry family members. I feel your pain. We lost one of our kitties the same way. My prayers are with you.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

So so sorry for your loss! I've felt the pain and shed tears more than once in the past on the loss of a cat. But I can't even imagine how much it hurts for it to have happen this way. One time I swore there would be no more cats - no more hurt, but I was glad that soon after we adopted another. I encourage you to do the same soon. It really does help to numb the pain and there are plenty adorable little cuties out there that need our love where in return we get love and satisfaction back for it!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 05-02-2014, 07:53 PM
KittyKat

Thank you for your support. Cassie was my Mom's cat. She was about 3 or 4 years old; we got her from PAWS when she was about 1 year old. She was a rescue as all my cats have been. MY cat, Zoe, is 9 years old. She used to be my Avatar until recently. She's a beautiful Lynx-point Siamese mix. I'll change my Avatar back when I'm ready to post on someone else's thread again.

I know some people think why is she so upset?--it's just a cat. Thankfully, you pet-lovers know how I feel, esp because of the way she died.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
Thank you for your support. Cassie was my Mom's cat. She was about 3 or 4 years old; we got her from PAWS when she was about 1 year old. She was a rescue as all my cats have been. MY cat, Zoe, is 9 years old. She used to be my Avatar until recently. She's a beautiful Lynx-point Siamese mix. I'll change my Avatar back when I'm ready to post on someone else's thread again.

I know some people think why is she so upset?--it's just a cat. Thankfully, you pet-lovers know how I feel, esp because of the way she died.
Nobody's thinking that. A pet is a member of your family, and cats have as much personality as dogs (and are often smarter!) We all ache for you to have this happen, and especially in this way. They really can be escape artists, and as you can see with former posts, cats and dogs just plain get out at times. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.