Doggie Day Care Facility

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2017, 01:41 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,447 Posts
Default Doggie Day Care Facility

Doggie day care needed. Can anyone tell me if there is a Doggie Day Care facility in or around The Villages. Not looking for overnight stay, just during the day once in awhile so we can go places dogs are not allowed. Don't like him to be in a cage, prefer one that has a common area for the dogs to be with each other or someone that does it in their home. Referrals would be appreciated.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

The one we like the best is on 441 in Leesburg, Pet Lodge & Spa. Pet Boarding And Daycare, Pet Bathing - Pet Lodge And Spa - Leesburg, Fl The dogs are separated by size and temperament and are in rooms with half walls where they can't see into another room. The place is usually calm (from a room-full-of-dogs standpoint). We used to take our golden to Preppy Pets. Our favorite worker there left, and we did too, when we came to pick him up one day and two aggressive labs had him backed into a corner with nobody paying any attention.

Other places are closer, but most have the dogs kenneled for certain amounts of time. When we finally discovered Pet Lodge & Spa, we found that our favorite person from Preppy Pets was working there. She showed us around and listed the differences between the two places. We also used to leave our Cockatiel there too when we traveled.

Our golden jumps out of the car, picks up his leash and races in the door. It's worth the extra distance for us.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:51 PM

Looks like a very nice place, viewing the webcam they have.

I used to take my moms dog to Camp Bow Wow up north. I have searched a lot trying to find another place like it down here. This seems like this place is the closest one that fits that type of day care.

The one thing I can see from the webcams, is they don't have someone out there with the dogs at all times. Camp bow wow did. I liked that, as my mom's dog is not super friendly when left with a bunch of dogs, but behaves rather nicely if a human is with them.

But - the price is MUCH better!!
Old 10-18-2017, 01:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oot View Post
Looks like a very nice place, viewing the webcam they have.

I used to take my moms dog to Camp Bow Wow up north. I have searched a lot trying to find another place like it down here. This seems like this place is the closest one that fits that type of day care.

The one thing I can see from the webcams, is they don't have someone out there with the dogs at all times. Camp bow wow did. I liked that, as my mom's dog is not super friendly when left with a bunch of dogs, but behaves rather nicely if a human is with them.

But - the price is MUCH better!!
It's hard to beat Camp Bow Wow. We used them in Sarasota and Pittsburgh North.

Our dog prefers people to other dogs, although he is well socialized with dogs. The worker we liked would often take him out of the "room" and let him hang around with her while she did things in the kitchen for the boarders. Whenever I've gone in there to get him, he doesn't want to leave; runs around to each person saying goodbye.

I can tell you from that experience that there are usually at least three if not more people in there. Tthey also monitor the dogs from spots in the facility. The front desk is not detached from the rooms.

My only wish is that they had outside space. (Maybe they do by now.)

We kept our friends' CRAZY wild golden retriever (9 months old) for ten days over Thanksgiving a few years back. The day after we came, it started raining and never stopped. So no dog park for us. Pet Lodge saved the day(s).
Old 10-18-2017, 09:41 AM
Veteran member
Default Bedtime Tails Pet Hotel

Another potential place to look at is Bedtime Tails Luxury Pet Hotel in Summerfield. We are going to be boarding our two dogs there for the first time in the future. I read multiple recommendations for boarding there, and they do appear to offer day care. My understanding is that our dogs will be allowed into a supervised fenced area with other similar size dogs to play 5 times per day. They will have a 5x7 "room" to share (they are small dogs), but if they were larger and needed separate rooms, they actually have an inner connecting door that can be left open between the two "rooms" so the dogs can be together even when not outside. I have personally gone there to check out the facility and found it to be clean and the dogs that were there seemed content. A nice bonus is that the access door to the "guest room" area is by fingerprint scan and combination key pad.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:47 AM
Gold member

CFrance,

Thanks for sharing that info. We have taken ours to Preppy Pets in the past. We checked out the Lodge before they opened and even though it is a little bit of a drive looked nice. Haven't needed doggie day care or overnight in years so haven't checked it out. Years ago we have left ours overnight at ABCD in Summerfield. I think it stands for All Bout Cats & Dogs. I think they may do doggie daycare. We haven't been there in ages, though. They offer upgrades like golf cart rides, swimming in a regular swimming pool, ice cream, and all sorts of extras.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
CFrance,

Thanks for sharing that info. We have taken ours to Preppy Pets in the past. We checked out the Lodge before they opened and even though it is a little bit of a drive looked nice. Haven't needed doggie day care or overnight in years so haven't checked it out. Years ago we have left ours overnight at ABCD in Summerfield. I think it stands for All Bout Cats & Dogs. I think they may do doggie daycare. We haven't been there in ages, though. They offer upgrades like golf cart rides, swimming in a regular swimming pool, ice cream, and all sorts of extras.
GeoGeo, we found that place online in 2012, and I was really excited, esp. the pool part. We put the address in our GPS and went looking for it but never could find it. Could have been out GPS needed an update, but I wonder if it's still in business.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayderjoe View Post
Another potential place to look at is Bedtime Tails Luxury Pet Hotel in Summerfield. We are going to be boarding our two dogs there for the first time in the future. I read multiple recommendations for boarding there, and they do appear to offer day care. My understanding is that our dogs will be allowed into a supervised fenced area with other similar size dogs to play 5 times per day. They will have a 5x7 "room" to share (they are small dogs), but if they were larger and needed separate rooms, they actually have an inner connecting door that can be left open between the two "rooms" so the dogs can be together even when not outside. I have personally gone there to check out the facility and found it to be clean and the dogs that were there seemed content. A nice bonus is that the access door to the "guest room" area is by fingerprint scan and combination key pad.
Another vote for Bedtimes. We have larger dogs (see pic) and we get them 2 rooms with a connection so they can be with each other or separate as they choose.

Tags
day, doggie, care, facility, dogs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.