Doggie door

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2020, 10:52 AM

You have to buy a new door. Can’t add door to glass area unless put in professionally. My door was installed by contractor as a favor so can’t give name.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:01 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe V. View Post
You do know some people live in fenced in Courtyard Verandas, don't you? Also some of us have grown up in FL and lived here our whole lives and know all about the critters that live here with us.
not to speak FOR joe but expect he does know that & probably is also aware floridians, either by birth or 'dream' age, are bright enough to realize his response was not intended for them,,, obviously he erred thinking all floridians

as a result of this & previous threads, we reconsidered the elec fence & walk ours on leash,,, rest of the time he's inside
Old 08-05-2020, 05:54 AM
Smile Doggy Door

At my previous home I had sliding doors and visited MoorePet on the web and purchased an insert for my sliding door. Worked great. They have a great variety. I installed it myself. Easy to do. Remove when you move or leave. No damage to current door. They come in different colors. Just take your measurements and color. Hope this helps. 800-829-7876.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	slidingpetdoor.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	85623  
Old 08-05-2020, 06:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

I gave my old dog the door key, and he let himself in and out.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:46 AM

We live in a courtyard VERANDA. Had "Invisible Fence" put in 2 doggie doors. One coming out the stacking slider, the other goes out of the lanai screened area to the yard. Great job but pricey. I don't know if they do glass though. My dog is about 38#. She absolutely loves it.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:44 AM

I bought a dog door panel from PetCo that fits into the into part of the sliding door. Works great, good guality, not costly and easy to install. Check it out.. it an easy do it yourself project
Old 08-05-2020, 01:38 PM
Default Easy job

If you have not already done so, search doggie door on Amazon. There are many models from $150 to $600 that you can insert in your sliding glass patio. All are easy to install.
At most you will need an electric drill and a screw driver. You will want to consider security after the door is installed, and possible energy loss. They come in two sizes (height) and will fit small, medium, and large dogs. Measure the height of your slider and the size of your dog before searching Amazon.

If you still want a doggie door and think you need help with the install send me your email and I will give you the number of my friend handyman who will help you for a nominal charge. zendog3@mac.com
Old 08-05-2020, 02:50 PM

we had all glass doors on our lanai at our house before we moved here. We had a custom door made to include a doggie door, with the rest (top 2/3) matching the other doors (there were 6 other doors). We kept the original door, and swithed out the custom door before we listed that house. We brought our custom door with us ans had it installed on our lanai. Keeping that original door as well. That's probably what you'd need to do. We lived just up the road in Gainesville, but I'm sure there must be a similar such business down here. It wasn't cheap, but, well worth it for us. I am assuming that your door is a single, solid glass door.
Closed Thread

Tags
door, doggie, glass, full, lanai

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.