doggie swimming ?

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2018, 10:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJUCTH View Post
Could you please give more information on the dog beach in Venice. Location, any hotels nearby etc. I have really good and bad about it. Some reviews say there isn’t really a beach.
This may be of help.

Brohard Paw Park (Venice) - 2018 All You Need to Know Before You Go (with Photos) - TripAdvisor
Old 04-19-2018, 10:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choclab74 View Post
Is there a place where dogs can swim in the Villages ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSB1228 View Post
There is a park about 20 miles from The Villages. Bark Central Dog Park Really nice.
I haven't taken our golden doodle yet to swim at Bark Central in Inverness.
But it's on his wish list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabanana73 View Post
I believe that Doggie Do Run Run in Oxford may have a pond in their dog park.
It's a very small pond at DDRR, actually more like a bathtub.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I haven't taken our golden doodle yet to swim at Bark Central in Inverness.
But it's on his wish list.

It's a very small pond at DDRR, actually more like a bathtub.
It's 44 x 66 x 11 inches deep and shaped like a dog bone. Amazon.com : One Dog One Bone Dog Pool (Bone Shaped) : Pet Supplies

Even a beagle couldn't swim very far in it. It's basically just to splash around in.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJUCTH View Post
Could you please give more information on the dog beach in Venice. Location, any hotels nearby etc. I have really good and bad about it. Some reviews say there isn’t really a beach.
I don't know about hotels, but I can vouch for the fact that there definitely is a beach, and it's beautiful.

You walk into the dog park, which is also fantastic, with plenty of watering stations, a bathing station, places to sit, shade, etc. There is a wooden walkway, fenced, that leads from the park to the beach. Your dog can race down the boardwalk and end up on the off-leash beach. It's fantastic.

You can drive a little down to a beachfront restaurant where you can sit outside with your dog. It was very crowded, so we didn't eat there.

I suppose you could google dog-friendly hotels in Venice Beach and find one nearby.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I can vouch for that.
I'll vouch for it as we've been many times. It's in a Pinellas county park ( Fort Desoto). There are two adjacent fenced dog parks ( big dog and small dog) with a dog washing hose and drink bowl in each. Close by is the off-leash beach where the dogs can swim.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:27 PM

Fortunately for me, my dog (96lb yellow lab) loves golf cart riding so she is in heaven here in TV. She'll take a swim when given the opportunity, but doesn't miss it either. I wouldn't let either of my dogs swim in the ponds and lakes here and wouldn't even let them roam off leash near them - gator bait.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:57 AM

Thank you !!!! I was wondering if dogs were allowed to ride in the golf carts ! Do you strap her in ?

My Koda is 92 lbs, age 9. Loves riding in the car.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Thank you !!!! I was wondering if dogs were allowed to ride in the golf carts ! Do you strap her in ?

My Koda is 92 lbs, age 9. Loves riding in the car.
Depends on the dog. If mine were looking for the opportunity to jump off, I would probably work out a way to restrain her better or just not indulge her in riding at all. She is not interested in getting off the cart unless and until I do. However, I do keep her on leash, even on the cart, and keep it semi-taught at all times so that she knows it is there. She's about 96 lbs and loves riding in or on anything, but especially loves cart riding because of all the sites, sounds, and smells. We used to have a permanent place in a large campground where carts were the main source of transportation, so she has been riding on them since she was a small pup.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
I was wondering if dogs were allowed to ride in the golf carts! Do you strap her in ? My Koda is 92 lbs, age 9. Loves riding in the car.
We restrain both our dogs with harnesses tied to the frame.
After a bit of training, our dogs have never attempted to jump from a moving golf cart.
However you never know what is in a dog's mind, so I would never take a chance on just a collar restraint.
Closed Thread

Tags
swim, lab, black, koda, loves

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.