The doggies thank you

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Gold member
Default The doggies thank you

Many thanks to the Villagers who are helping the critters at a local Sanctuary my husband and I volunteer at. We have received blankets, quilts and other items that one of our wonderful, fellow Villagers' has been diligently cutting and sewing into beautiful bedding for the dogs - they are really happy and comfy now! Today another Villager volunteered and she was welcome with open arms and wagging tails. The Sanctuary can still use more bedding, please send me a personal email and I will pick it up, financial donations would be a blessing, and if you like to walk dogs and get some exercise, send me an email. The dogs will pay you back with kisses and smiles (yes, some actually smile). We are looking for "forever" homes for the dogs, too.

Thank you in advance for anything you feel you can contribute.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:10 PM

In early November "Debfrommaine" mentioned the dog walking that she and her husband were doing. Her post captured my heart and I followed through, visited the sanctuary and have been walking dogs there every Saturday morning since my first visit in November. I absolutely love it. I adore the dogs and it gives me a real sense of purpose. Walking these dogs and helping out anyway I can at the shelter is one of the best things I have done since moving to The Villages. Kudos to TOTV where once again I have discovered/learned something worthwhile.

As stated by Deb, if anyone can give anything (towels, blankets, cotton balls, saline, treats, $) it would be appreciated.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Arf City

Please Stop..
I can't stand much more of this ,dogs to the left of us and dogs to the right of us, I personally am still using my bankie from my childhood with holes in it and your furnishing electric blankets for dogs, Whats next ? Sleep number beds in their little doghouses....
We have got to add some rhyme or reason to out life's here, My neighbors dog lives better than I do , he has his own swimming pool. When he swims he has to nerve to lay out in the sun until he drys. I just love smelling wet dogs drying in the afternoon sun , although I'll admit it does keep the flies down somewhat.
The Neighbor on the other side of my passed away a short while back and his wife had his gravestone made in the shape of a dog biscuit because its the one thing he enjoyed doing the most in life,, Which doesn't say much for our long conversations in the back yard...I even heard last week that the village of Hadley is trying to change its name to ARF CITY.....Folks , where is this going to end , never mind ,I think I know the answer to that..............

No fire plugs here !!!

Fumar ........
Old 02-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Gold member

Will never stop helping the dogs....electric blankets, good idea!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Poor Fumar,

It's a ruff life with Fumar stuck in the middle of all these woofers, but me thinks Fumar is barking up the wrong tree. We Villagers arf lots of love to give, so lo and behowl, there be lots of doggies here. Yippee, that's why TV is for me!

Old 02-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfrommaine View Post
The dogs will pay you back with kisses and smiles (yes, some actually smile).:
Thanks for reminding me, a vet told me once that thats how people get WORMS ,
So when you put IT to bed tonight , give him a big schmooch

XXXX fumar OOXXOXOOX
Old 02-20-2011, 11:55 PM

I think that the dogs we bought for my 93 year old mother has kept her alert and enjoying her life. She has something to say about the present every day instead of dwelling on the past. Her sight is poor, her hearing is poor but her love for those dogs make up for all that she has lost. Including her home in a fire. The dogs have helped her move on and be happy once again.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:35 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whartonjelly View Post
I think that the dogs we bought for my 93 year old mother has kept her alert and enjoying her life. She has something to say about the present every day instead of dwelling on the past. Her sight is poor, her hearing is poor but her love for those dogs make up for all that she has lost. Including her home in a fire. The dogs have helped her move on and be happy once again.
I agree. A dog can give so much to a person and give them a reason to wake up each morning. Their loyalty is stronger than a best friend and they never hold grudges. They aim to please and if what they do doesn't please, they will try harder until they get it right.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
I agree. A dog can give so much to a person and give them a reason to wake up each morning. Their loyalty is stronger than a best friend and they never hold grudges. They aim to please and if what they do doesn't please, they will try harder until they get it right.
I agree, they do give me a reason to wake up in the morning, its their constant barking that wakes me up. also why do I need an animal to wake me up, is my life so boring that I can't get out of bed ? Now about loyalty, If you throw a dog a treat he will follow anyone anywhere . However I do think thats what happened to my neighbor now that I think about it........Dogs are animals folks and they poop and pee where ever they want and hopefully not on the carpet which is why my neighbor is gone at least thats what his wife says.........Chels24 has the right idea, I'll take a rat for a pet anyday......

fumar .

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.