Dogs in The Villages?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-25-2011, 06:17 PM
justanormalgirl justanormalgirl is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Dogs in The Villages?

How many pets per house hold are allowed in The Villages and does it differ depending on where you are in the community?
  #2  
Old 06-25-2011, 08:06 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,432
Thanks: 4,207
Thanked 4,728 Times in 1,612 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanormalgirl View Post
How many pets per house hold are allowed in The Villages and does it differ depending on where you are in the community?
You are allowed to have two pets. Everywhere. Two pets. We have two.

I am teasing. I understand that you can bring all of your pets and keep them until they die and then you are supposed to have only two. I imagine this rule is to keep people from using their homes for breeding businesses...I don't know why the rule is but it isn't enforced stringently. One of the very few that isn't.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-17-2011 at 05:59 AM.
  #3  
Old 06-25-2011, 08:29 PM
justanormalgirl justanormalgirl is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thank you. I have a little rescue boy, along with my 2 girls, and I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that I will have to let him go. I know, that's the chance you take with rescue but I've invested a lot of love and time in him......I guess I was hoping he was already in his permanant home. Darned rules.
  #4  
Old 06-25-2011, 08:40 PM
raynan's Avatar
raynan raynan is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Jacaranda Island, Village of Pennecamp
Posts: 1,717
Thanks: 179
Thanked 156 Times in 79 Posts
Default

I thought you were allowed 3 if you own 3 when you buy (1 is grandfathered in and cannot be replaced when it dies) so then you would have 2.
  #5  
Old 06-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Bill-n-Brillo's Avatar
Bill-n-Brillo Bill-n-Brillo is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Granville, OH.....and TV snowflakes!
Posts: 6,909
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Them's the rules. Of course, nobody has more than 2 pets in TV. But I don't think the "Pet Police" patrol the neighborhoods, knocking on doors for pet headcount checks, etc. More 3 dogs can be obvious more so than, say, having 3 birds that are kept inside all the time. If you're out walking all 3 dogs together, for example, then you'll be easily spotted. It would probably take one of your neighbors turning you in for the infraction to come to anybody's attention.

Bill
  #6  
Old 06-25-2011, 08:55 PM
The Great Fumar's Avatar
The Great Fumar The Great Fumar is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chatham
Posts: 2,015
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Them's the rules. Of course, nobody has more than 2 pets in TV. But I don't think the "Pet Police" patrol the neighborhoods, knocking on doors for pet headcount checks, etc. More 3 dogs can be obvious more so than, say, having 3 birds that are kept inside all the time. If you're out walking all 3 dogs together, for example, then you'll be easily spotted. It would probably take one of your neighbors turning you in for the infraction to come to anybody's attention.

Bill
Which is the reason I never leave the house without my trusty phone with pet police on my speeddial,,,,, '
'
fumar the snitch...
__________________
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be, Also
my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
  #7  
Old 06-25-2011, 09:10 PM
angiefox10's Avatar
angiefox10 angiefox10 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,633
Thanks: 6
Thanked 60 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanormalgirl View Post
Thank you. I have a little rescue boy, along with my 2 girls, and I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that I will have to let him go. I know, that's the chance you take with rescue but I've invested a lot of love and time in him......I guess I was hoping he was already in his permanant home. Darned rules.
Rescue or Foster? It sounds like you are looking for a home for him anyway?
  #8  
Old 06-25-2011, 09:21 PM
justanormalgirl justanormalgirl is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
Rescue or Foster? It sounds like you are looking for a home for him anyway?

Personal rescue that has turned into long term. I've had him for a year and a half now, he's tiny so I've been particular as to where he goes. Seems I've drawn interest from all of the wrong people and the right people already have dogs.
  #9  
Old 06-25-2011, 09:30 PM
bluedog103's Avatar
bluedog103 bluedog103 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 1,437
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanormalgirl View Post
Personal rescue that has turned into long term. I've had him for a year and a half now, he's tiny so I've been particular as to where he goes. Seems I've drawn interest from all of the wrong people and the right people already have dogs.
Rayan is right, you can keep your family intact. You can move to TV with three pets but when one crosses the rainbow bridge it can't be replaced.
I wonder how anyone knows how many fish you own?
__________________
New York State, Alabama, South Carolina, Texas, Italy.
  #10  
Old 06-25-2011, 09:36 PM
angiefox10's Avatar
angiefox10 angiefox10 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,633
Thanks: 6
Thanked 60 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Thanks BlueDog103.. That's what we heard as well and asked again before we secured our property. We have three, one is very old. While he will make it to The Villages, he won't be able to enjoy it as the two younger ones will. I just couldn't give him up!!!
  #11  
Old 06-25-2011, 11:03 PM
skyguy79's Avatar
skyguy79 skyguy79 is offline
Eternal Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza
Posts: 5,575
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
I wonder how anyone knows how many fish you own?
They can tell by the spycams they install in your house while your on vacation, or gone at least overnight. Anyone can pick one up at their local "I Spy Equipment Center!"
The Villages Florida
__________________
ARE VILLAGERS OLD OR ARE THEY RECYCLED TEENAGERS
At my age rolling out of bed in the morning is easy.
Getting up off the floor is another story.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
  #12  
Old 06-26-2011, 04:59 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,432
Thanks: 4,207
Thanked 4,728 Times in 1,612 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
Rescue or Foster? It sounds like you are looking for a home for him anyway?
I was teasin' a bit to the folks that know me well. We have three kitties and are allowed to have three until they cross the rainbow bridge, and then according to the rules we should have two.

You can keep your third pup. It is o.k.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #13  
Old 06-26-2011, 06:31 AM
angiefox10's Avatar
angiefox10 angiefox10 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,633
Thanks: 6
Thanked 60 Times in 23 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I was teasin' a bit to the folks that know me well. We have three kitties and are allowed to have three until they cross the rainbow bridge, and then according to the rules we should have two.

You can keep your third pup. It is o.k.
*laughing* I kind of thought you were... But when you have three dogs and someone says the "rules" are two.... I was wondering which dog I was going to have "that" conversation with. LOL Oh well... They were all on their BEST behavior for awhile....
  #14  
Old 06-26-2011, 07:48 AM
angiefox10's Avatar
angiefox10 angiefox10 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,633
Thanks: 6
Thanked 60 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You are allowed to have two pets. Everywhere. Two pets. We have two.
When we first came to The Villages years ago.... One of my first questions was.... How many dogs can we have. We were told we could have as many as we wanted as long as the weight didn't total 10 lbs

Now... the rule is TWO....

Soooo I as thinking *taping finger on temple* (cuz, that's how I think) Someone must have brought down a boatload of Chihuahuas!
  #15  
Old 12-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Barefoot's Avatar
Barefoot Barefoot is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Winters in TV, Summers in Canada.
Posts: 17,682
Thanks: 1,685
Thanked 238 Times in 180 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
I wonder how anyone knows how many fish you own?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
They can tell by the spycams they install in your house while your on vacation, or gone at least overnight.
The Villages Florida
good one Skyguy.
__________________
Barefoot At Last
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 PM.