Dogs in The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2011, 12:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by old moe View Post
IT would be alot safer if all dogs were muzzeled when in a dog park. Safer for any children that may be there also.
It's a dog park, not a children's playground. The whole idea of a fenced dog park is that the dogs can run free and play with each other.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:06 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old moe View Post
IT would be alot safer if all dogs were muzzeled when in a dog park. Safer for any children that may be there also. Sometimes dogs will play alittle rough and accidents can be avoided! Large dogs not allowed in small dog area which is good, but I see doggie dodo park allowes small dogs into the large area, not a smart move,

I hope you are jokeing.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Veteran member

I personally don't care for dog parks because, although it is meant for dogs to be free, there is no control should something unexpected happen between a couple of dogs. I am not comfortable using a dog park. Bedtime Tails now rents out a fenced in play area for an hour at a time for a dog and it's owner and I think they allow up to 2 dogs. I'd rather have my dog run with a dog friend that we know the temperament of than to be among dogs that we don't know. This is only my feeling.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:21 AM

Thanks for all of the great info and suggestions. Mulligan will be there in Feb/Mar walking Judy and myself. I did contact Doggie Doo Run and got all the info on the park. Sounds great and just what Mulligan needs. Hope to see some of you then.
Irish
South Amboy, NJ
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about"?
Old 12-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=mfp509;430608]
I personally don't care for dog parks because, although it is meant for dogs to be free, there is no control should something unexpected happen between a couple of dogs. /QUOTE]

It's a matter of personal preference. And not all dog parks are equal. As Schotzyb pointed out, at Doggie Doo Run Run aggressive dogs are not permitted. I've been using DDRR since 2007 without a problem. It is a well managed dog park.

At DDRR, small dogs can be sequestered in the area for dogs under 30 pounds. There are certainly pet parents there who like to keep their dogs under tight control. But most go for the socialization aspect.

There is a separate fenced area for large dogs. And another huge fenced back field for everyone, I think it is 5 acres. Owners walk laps or talk with friends or relax in the hanging swings. I love to see dogs running free and romping with new friends. It is such a pleasure to go to a well managed dog park. And the dog owners there are great people!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Rover View Post
Thanks for all of the great info and suggestions. Mulligan will be there in Feb/Mar walking Judy and myself. I did contact Doggie Doo Run and got all the info on the park. Sounds great and just what Mulligan needs. Hope to see some of you then.
Irish
Good to hear that, Irish Rover.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanormalgirl View Post
A dog trick or treat...I love it! I always wondered what trick or treating would be like in a retirement community...never thought about taking the dogs door to door!
AND some of them had costumes. My doxie wore a t shirt with studs that said I AM THE DIVA and the cattle dog wore a skelton costume. They were all so cute. They even had their own goodie basket....a green jack o lantern. Hubby walked them around the neighborhood and I sat out with the treat bags for the dogs who came by and also had wine for the mistresses and masters. It was a great time. I am sure we will do it every year.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Default Doggie do run run

Does anyone have a phone number for DDRR? Appreciate info please.
B&BTexas
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.