Driving to Florida with my dog..

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemass56 View Post
To those of you who responded with advice and comfort, I thank you. I had to put Emma to sleep today because of a bad eye infection so I will be coming down to my new home on the 18th. without her. She will be badly missed....

So sorry for your loss. There are many other "furrever" friends out there to help you heal. So sad saying goodbye to our companions. Hugs!
Old 06-09-2015, 03:25 PM
Platinum member
Default So sorry!

Quote:
To those of you who responded with advice and comfort, I thank you. I had to put Emma to sleep today because of a bad eye infection so I will be coming down to my new home on the 18th. without her. She will be badly missed....
Aw just saw your post. So sorry . We just put down our 15 year old dachshund last month.
Tampa, FL
Old 06-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Gold member

When we went back and forth with our dogs, we never had to drug them. They enjoyed the ride. Would sleep most of the time on the seat between us. Just stop and let them do their business ever so often and stretch their legs. When we stopped to eat, we would leave the car running...doors locked...and made sure we had the other set of keys with us (not locked in the car). I would run out ever so often to make sure the car was still running. I was overly concerned. Never had any problem, though. They loved to travel.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:46 PM
Gold member

Just read the sad news after I posted. So sorry for your loss.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Oh, that is sad. I am so sorry. It will be a long trip for you, but maybe the excitement of moving to a new home will help distract you a bit. Take care.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
I am so sorry to hear that Your Emma is gone. It takes a chunk out of your heart for sure.
I hope that once you are happily settled in your new home, you will consider adopting a rescue.
Not as a replacement, nothing will ever replace the love you have for Emma.
But I've found myself that a rescue makes a wonderful addition to the family and helps with the healing process.
There are many wonderful rescue organizations here in TV.
Deepest sympathy for your loss.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:04 PM

We travel with small dogs, about 11 lbs. I don't feed them before we drive, except a half of a Wal-Dram2 found at Walgreens. Is a form of non-sedating dramamine. The other trick is to place suit cases in the back and a foam rectangular bed with their normal dog begs on the foam bed. They are level with the windows and they don't get sick and throw up. I make sure they get water with the stops. They sleep the whole time. They used to throw up before we did these things. They are great passengers.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terror View Post
We travel with small dogs, about 11 lbs. I don't feed them before we drive, except a half of a Wal-Dram2 found at Walgreens. Is a form of non-sedating dramamine. The other trick is to place suit cases in the back and a foam rectangular bed with their normal dog begs on the foam bed. They are level with the windows and they don't get sick and throw up. I make sure they get water with the stops. They sleep the whole time. They used to throw up before we did these things. They are great passengers.

Wow. Your moniker sure is a head turner.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
So sorry for your loss. I've no doubt Emma had a wonderful life with you. May the memories bring you comfort!
Old 06-15-2015, 05:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Wow. Your moniker sure is a head turner.
"Terror" is a really interesting TOTV moniker.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I am so sorry to hear that Your Emma is gone. It takes a chunk out of your heart for sure.
I hope that once you are happily settled in your new home, you will consider adopting a rescue.
Not as a replacement, nothing will ever replace the love you have for Emma.
But I've found myself that a rescue makes a wonderful addition to the family and helps with the healing process.
There are many wonderful rescue organizations here in TV.
Deepest sympathy for your loss.
I agree. We have some wonderful rescues in Florida. When my dachshund died, I put my name in with both Pug abd Boston rescues. The Pug came through first, so, now we have both a Boston And a Pug.
Tampa, FL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.