Ebay Selling Puppy Mill Dogs

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany
Default Ebay Selling Puppy Mill Dogs

I usually post funny videos about our pets. This time I'm posting about a very serious matter.

Ebay has decided to start selling puppies and other pets and live animals online. Reputable breeders would never use ebay to sell their puppies. Therefore, only the worst backyard breeders and puppy mills will be selling on ebay.

In case you don't know what puppy mills are, they breed their females over and over with every season until their bodies are worn out and then they either kill them or dump them at shelters. Puppy mills/backyard breeders keep dogs in wire cages their entire lives causing malformed feet. Some are kept completely in the dark their entire lives. They are overcrowded and live in their own feces.

Please google "puppy mills" to learn more.

Having rescued a female breeding dog from one of these torture chambers, I know first-hand how terrible these places really are.

Please sign the petition on the attached link to stop ebay from selling live animals. It's not one of those petition sites where they bombard you with emails and try to sell you stuff. This one is legitimate.

Thank you. Please help make a difference for suffering animals.

http://www.change.org/petitions/ebay...g-live-animals
Old 02-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Veteran member

K9 Lover thank you for posting the Ebay information about selling puppies. I signed the petition and posted it on my Facebook page so all of my friends can sign it and pass it along to their friends.

:
Old 02-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Rather than sign that "Petition" for your own identity safety, maybe you should consider keeping control of your personal information and write directly to ebay to request they cease and desist immediately from selling live animals. Send a copy of your letter to all of the animal protective agencies you can find to help move along in ending this atrocity.

One must be very cautious of what we communicate online. The "Petition" should have the explanation of what you're signing. Signing this blank form is much too dangerous as that's how hackers and identity thieves and cyberspace marketeers victimize people.

Merely a word to the wise, for your own safety. Peetitions MUST BE signed and not printed in order to be valid.

Please send your message directly to eBay.....b

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 02-19-2011, 12:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

The only information requested on the petition, besides your email address, is name and address. That info is available in a wide variety of places on the net. Just google your name and you will find that your address is widely known. Your identity cannot be stolen from signing this petition.

But, just in case you are wary, here are links to Ebay's classified page and cute animals page on facebook:

http://chn.ge/fX5W2S

http://chn.ge/eRb2R9
Old 02-19-2011, 12:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halle View Post
K9 Lover thank you for posting the Ebay information about selling puppies. I signed the petition and posted it on my Facebook page so all of my friends can sign it and pass it along to their friends.

:
Thank you, Halle.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:25 AM
Taltarzac

OK. Signed.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:48 AM
Platinum member

Signed. Your doing a good job of bringing awareness to a terrible business. Thanks. K-9
Old 02-19-2011, 07:52 AM
Platinum member

I checked the eBay Classifieds for my area and found the ads to be mostly from the local shelter and the rest were personal sales.
No puppy mills.
So, no, I wouldn't bother with a "petition".
Suffering from TV envy
Old 02-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakerNC View Post
I checked the eBay Classifieds for my area and found the ads to be mostly from the local shelter and the rest were personal sales.
No puppy mills.
So, no, I wouldn't bother with a "petition".
Often, "personal sales" are from people who are called "backyard breeders" and some of these breeders are just as bad as the larger puppy mills. The term "backyard breeders" does not represent folks whose dog just happened to have puppies accidentally, or folks who breed their dog several times.

Backyard breeders are using dogs for profit, usually have a number of breeder females and males whose only purpose is to provide puppies for sale. The dogs are kept in filthy conditions, never receive affection, and because they are sometimes noisy and the owners embarrassed of the housing conditions -- they are often kept in old mobile homes or shacks without a/c or ventilation. The windows are painted black so no one can see in and the doors and windows are kept shut so noise doesn't travel as far.

In any case, just because you don't see evidence in your area of this type of traffic, the bigger picture is that puppy mills and backyard breeders in other areas of the country will find ebay as another outlet for their profit, thereby encouraging more breeding. So, if you care to try to eliminate suffering, even though it is not in your small neighborhood, please rethink your decision.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Thank you Tal and Tom! To the rescue!!
Old 02-19-2011, 04:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Despicable.. Signed and sent. Thanks K9
Old 02-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
The only information requested on the petition, besides your email address, is name and address. That info is available in a wide variety of places on the net. Just google your name and you will find that your address is widely known. Your identity cannot be stolen from signing this petition.

But, just in case you are wary, here are links to Ebay's classified page and cute animals page on facebook:

http://chn.ge/fX5W2S

http://chn.ge/eRb2R9
K-9

But not available TOGETHER! I'm with Barb... though I despise this, I will contact eBay directly.

FYI - I work for one of the largest IT companies in the world... never give your name/address and e-mail together unless you want to risk cyberfraud...
Old 02-19-2011, 11:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
K-9

But not available TOGETHER! I'm with Barb... though I despise this, I will contact eBay directly.

FYI - I work for one of the largest IT companies in the world... never give your name/address and e-mail together unless you want to risk cyberfraud...
Can you explain further? Most sites that I frequent want that information, such as Blockbuster, Amazon, etc., etc.,

What type of cyberfraud can result from listing your name, address and email? It seems there would have to be some sort of solicitation from a criminal, such as an email or letter asking for passwords, account numbers, etc. Answering those solicitations would be inviting cyberfraud, but I don't know how someone could harm us just because they have that simple info: name, address, email address.

Can you explain more, please? I'd like to learn and I'm sure others would, too.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Still waiting to hear from Katezbox, or Barb1191, or any other cyberguru . . . ???
Old 02-21-2011, 01:30 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
Still waiting to hear from Katezbox, or Barb1191, or any other cyberguru . . . ???
There's a plethora on the net about this and can be researched in that way, or you can email Jmax@aol.com and in the Subject just write HELP then ask your question and she will respond to you in detail as she is so very aware of the serious problems of identity theft, etc.

The Villages has a great computer club that meets every third friday at 3 pm at the club house on Page Place in Spanish Springs.

I've previously explained to you briefly as to why I feel so serious about this, however, if you feel you need more information, I suggest the following to you and hope it helps.

Here's a link that may be of interest to you and you may want to scroll down the page to "Are Email Petitions Useful?"....

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/#email-petition-value

Hope this helps.....barb1191

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.