Elsewhere in Florida: mandated Dog Poop DNA testing

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Platinum member
Default Elsewhere in Florida: mandated Dog Poop DNA testing

I thought you might be interested to see how another community on Florida is trying to approach the dog poop problem. We'll see if this works over time! (Don't shoot the messenger!)
Fight over dog feces DNA testing continues | News - Home

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 11-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirky3 View Post
I thought you might be interested to see how another community on Florida is trying to approach the dog poop problem. We'll see if this works over time! (Don't shoot the messenger!)
Fight over dog feces DNA testing continues | News - Home

Oh Quirk. Now you've done it.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Sage

One of the most poopular threads on TOTV.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Sage

It seems to me that society is more and more inconsiderate of other people, and more and more, people just give the finger to anyone who presents them with a legitimate complaint about which the culprit needs to DO something.

Doing something about the problem requires a little ambition and a little humility to admit one has done wrong, and many people have none of either quality. The dog manure problem is more of bad parenting or no parenting coming home to roost.

This is one of the main problems, below. It's not just a problem of neighbors who make no effort and take no responsibility for their dog's manure making the place look and smell like a barnyard......

"How we maintain our properties and manage our daily activities can affect the quality of our drinking water and local swimming and fishing areas. Many of our daily activities have the potential to cause stormwater pollution, and small sources of pollution can create large water quality problems. Pet waste is one of those small sources.

The risk of stormwater pollution increases when pet waste that accumulates in animal pen areas or that is left on sidewalks, streets, swales or driveways is transported to water bodies. Rainwater collects and carries pet waste, and other potential pollutants, from every street, parking lot, sidewalk, driveway, yard and garden into a storm drain or catch basin that drains to the nearest body of water.

Droppings from dogs, cats and other commonly kept animals, such as exotic birds, rabbits, goats, and chickens that reach water bodies can impact their natural balance in a variety of ways:

Pet waste contains nutrients that can promote the growth of algae in streams, lakes, and estuaries. Algae absorb oxygen in the water that fish and other aquatic animals need to live.

Animal droppings contain intestinal bacteria and disease-causing parasites that can make nearby lakes and bays unsafe for fishing, wading, and swimming after storms......"
City of Fort Lauderdale - Pet Waste
Old 11-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Sage

Yay! a dog poop thread! This will take my mind off real s***.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:45 AM

Great idea. You maywant to move there!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.