Excited - Carrick, the dog, found a new home

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2020, 10:52 AM
Gold member
Default Excited - Carrick, the dog, found a new home

This makes my heart have a warm feeling! Carrick lived the past 3 years in a shed before Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida took him in. Today, he got a bath, all dressed up, and is headed to meet his new "furever" mommy and brother! (See his pic below.)

His jaw looks like that because he didn't receive good care in his previous life. Poor little guy didn't have a tooth left in his mouth. And apparently at some point in time his jaw broke, he never received veterinary care, and it healed back this way. I'm so glad he is going to have a wonderful home to love, cherish, and take care of him.

You can "Follow" Low Rider on Facebook at Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida - Home | Facebook.

And while I'm at it, we have a couple of things coming up online, if anyone is interested.

Tuesday, Apr. 28 NOON to Wednesday, Apr. 29 NOON - The Giving Challenge 2020
For 24 hours people can donate from $25-$100 and whatever they donate will be matched!! What a great opportunity to double your donation. Go to The Giving Challenge 2020 - Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida for details and the donate button. (Remember, donations have to be between Noon Tues., Apr. 28 and Noon Wed., Apr. 29.

Then on May 7-13, we will be having our online fundraising auction. It is the rescue's third anniversary and boy have we been busy saving dachshunds, dachshund mixes, and a few other little dogs. We will be offering cute masks, plus a whole variety of other pet items. I think we will have some cute cat items, too, for all those cat lovers out there! If interested, you have to join Facebook (if you haven't already), then go to the rescue's auction page and join. It is all FREE to join. The only cost is if you bid and win something. Join us and help save more dogs at Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida Awesome Auctions Public Group | Facebook.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Carrick short lip.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	83846  
Old 04-27-2020, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

That is a great story. I grew up with a dachshund in our home. My dad found this dog when I was 12 (1962) running around in a parking lot full of city buses and garbage trucks in St. Petersburg. He brought her home, we called her Tinkerbell because she had a bell on her collar. She lived until 1975, we never really knew how old she was.

The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
apr, join, noon, donate, care

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.